Main Menu

Hippie vinyl - an article on Mod top cars

Started by bentpshrods, August 02, 2020, 06:24:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

bentpshrods

On my weekend mornings I get up and hit this site.  I saw this morning under new topics the header with something about a mod top 69 cuda.  After going thru here I go to a model car forum next. Just by coincidence there was this lead to an article on Mod top mopars.         https://www.vintag.es/2019/05/mod-top.html       Funny how things sometime line up.  Pretty cool article with some great pics.   

anlauto

Wonder whatever happened to this one ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

It's criminal that car might never be seen again.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

I still think that car got smuggled overseas where it is now hidden away in a garage along with the rest of some Arab sheik or Russian crime boss's collection.  But that is just my theory.  If it was just a local opportunistic crook who snatched it, it would have surfaced long ago if it was still in North America.
Even if it was parted out it would be hard to sell its many rare "lunch pail" parts used in its restoration without raising some eyebrows.
It's terrible that such a unique car disappeared, but I'm thankful Steve displayed it at MCACN one year so thousands got to see it before it got stolen.

Topcat

Those patterns were popular then.

I recall the Kitchen wall paper we had looked like it.

CudaMoparRay

Great article and a unique combination of top and interior.

screamindriver

Quote from: Topcat on August 02, 2020, 08:42:07 AM
Those patterns were popular then.

I recall the Kitchen wall paper we had looked like it.
Everything seemed to have the floral print when it was "in"... countertops, shower stall covering, pants, shirts, etc... The Mod Top was just another sign of the times... :bigthumb:

JS29

Not trying to hijack this thread, but i remember in around 1975 one of my cousins bought a 70 barracuda. FJ6 i believe, It must have been a gran coupe as it had the overhead console. The headliner was white with a design on it that looked like the mod top theme to it. Unfortunately the car got totaled about a month after he bought it. We assumed it was custom installed, could it have been factory?   :dunno: