Main Menu

How far do you travel everyday to go to work?

Started by Topcat, May 19, 2017, 10:51:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Traffic is getting worse. Is it worth it to travel farther to make an extra buck?

I drive under 10 miles each way
I drive under 20 miles each way
I drive under 30 miles each way
I drive under 40 miles each way
I drive under 50 miles each way
I drive over 50 miles each day to work
I don't drive at all. I work at my home/business

Topcat

It is getting so bad out here to commute it has doubled in the time it takes compared to 10-12 years ago.

Some of you must travel I suppose pretty far to get to your business.

Your thoughts and situation.

1 Wild R/T

70/6chall

From the bedroom to the kitchen..........I believe it's called retirement.   Thanks,   Al

76orangewagon

107 miles round trip 4 days a week...That's the closest Air Force Base from my house.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

A.Gramz

I get in my work truck in my drive way then drive as far as customers are willing to pay me too (though 90% of my work right now is in Milton about 1 45 each way for me)

303 Mopar

10 stairs

I did not think I would like a home office because I am a very social person, but I have to admit after 4 years I can not imagine going back to an office with all the gossip and drama. 

ec_co

@35-40min each way. getting a little more clogged up the last year or two for sure though
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Burdar

About 25 miles each way. It takes about 30 minutes. People that live in town can take that long...if not longer. I don't mind the drive. It would be nice to only live a few miles from work though. A lot less money in gas and it wouldn't matter what mpg your vehicle gets. I'd like a nice new vehicle for the commute but I'd put way too many miles on it. An older beater that gets good mileage(that I can run until it falls apart) is what works best.

I still want a new Charger sitting in the garage though. You need something nice to drive on the weekend.

cudaragtop

When not working from my home office or traveling, my commute is 11 miles one way.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

JH27N0B

My commute is 25 miles and usually takes 40 minutes in the morning and 50-55 minutes back home when I go straight home after work.
Sadly on weekdays when there are evening cruises, it's too difficult/late to drive home to get a vintage ride to battle traffic again to go to the cruise.  So I drive my '09 Challenger R/T to work and end being one of "those guys" who clutter up the cruise with another new car!  :'(

Topcat

I drive about 7 miles each way to my office.

Approximately 22,000 residents are moving out of state each year.
And 55,000 people from out of state are moving here each year.

I've had job offers that pay more but the commute time added just isn't worth it.

RUNCHARGER

Ha: Just leaving for Reno and then Ca. in a couple of hours. Gotta pay a few bills from moving then probably go back to retirement again. Good time of year to be in a Peterbilt again though I suppose.
Sheldon

lulurocks(Ken)

70 miles each way 5 days a week  .

1 hour 15 min each way

But.... I work 3am to 1130am

No traffic :)

Been doing it for 15 years . Got use to it..