Main Menu

How to sell on eBay, should I sell on eBay

Started by Cudakiller70, January 20, 2017, 08:51:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudakiller70

Often thought of selling a few things on eBay. I have very little ebody stuff. Have some classic boat stuff to sell that would need a wide reach and other miscellaneous.
Is it a big hassle? Worth it? What are some do's and don'ts?

Crazypete

I do it for a living so I can be a stay at home dad I have over 5000 things listed on eBay and amazon

Cuda Cody

I think buying off ebay is great!  I do it all the time.  Selling is easy and I do it from time to time when I have something that is easy to ship.  That;s the key for me.  If the item is fairly easy to ship then you'll find it hard to beat the world wide size of ebay and the audience you can reach.  Start with a couple small things and see how it goes.   :alan2cents:  I think you'll find it's easy and a great way to make a little extra cash.  Budget giving ebay about 13% of the total price for the fees.  10% to ebay and 3% to paypal.  You'll want to get a paypal account too.  LOTS of people will want to pay you with paypal.

Shoooter

Ebay is great for buying things . I have never sold anything on there.  But I have been called a hoarder by my wife

HP_Cuda

I have bought and sold plenty on ebay. To me it really comes down to is the item I am trying to sell worth enough to bother with ebay. Once you take into account the fees the Cody already mentioned plus the time to box and ship it. Then sometimes you have to deal with folks who are not satisfied no matter how many pics you take or how truthfully you document what you are selling. It can be a pain.

I'm not going to even talk about the fraudsters out there but one thing I can tell you. No matter what you sell always get tracking on your shipment so the buyer cannot say he never got it.

Bon Chance!!! :bigthumb:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

61K T/A

I too would like to sell on Ebay but just don't know all the ropes. There was a seller there auctioning  CD's on how to sell. Can't find it any more. I should have bought it.

farmboy70

A customer of mine just sold a car on e bay. Here are a couple things to note.
Be sure to say they are buying the car with a winning bid, not winning to come look at it.

Embed lots of pictures, the more pictures the better.

Be prepared to run it more than once, people get auction fever and bid before securing the money or asking the wife.
Dave

Topcat

I've sold alot of items on Ebay.

It's changed over the years quite a bit.
Every year Ebay tweaks things in favor of the buyer.

Nowadays, it's more of a buy it now with shipping free you see when it comes to parts.
Almost all new items most of the time.

Cars are still an auction type of thing.

HP_Cuda

Little known tidbit on buying cars on ebay.

The bids are non-binding, so you may find a bunch of bozos who bid and don't pay. The other fun time will be had with those shilling up the bid then retracting or just stopping once they get the bid high enough. I always look who I am bidding against and if it seems fishy I don't even bother.

Ebay has it in print that they are non-binding for cars, take a look!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Timbbuc2

In 2008 when I lost my job, I turned to ebay, seller name the same as here. I sold motorcycle parts. Its been awhile since I sold there but I used Turbolister, which it may have changed. I dismantled over 20 motorcycles during my time. If I was home more I would still be selling on ebay. You will meet all types of people on ebay, most of the ones I dealt were great. Always check their feedback
Get in, I'll drive