Main Menu

hydrophobic coating

Started by Chryco Psycho, September 23, 2018, 08:11:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

How many have seen this virtual touchless paint protection great on black , no swirls or scratches , repells dust also ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCY2vc9PeO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE

Cudakiller70

My brother in law was just telling me about this stuff. He has F11 that he bought  a year ago says it's an earlier version uses it on his black Harley says it works well.

gumby

I saw this over a year ago advertised in some Porsche mag. They were only letting detail shops have access to it? If it's the same stuff?
A ceramic coating? AMAZING stuff! lol. Just look at the video that guy has. He is filming himself in the reflection off his door.

It looks crystal clear. WOW! It looks like the same stuff that I saw, applies the same. Everything.Amazing stuff!
Some people say 5 years durability? Detail shops were charging big bux for this just a few months ago? Amazing! I went online to one company that sells it,
telling them what a boon it would be for car show guys.

Turns out, now us regular guys can get it and do it ourselves? CRAZY shine! Like you can't believe. Just insane crazy shine. Supposed to last a year or more.
The way the guy talked in the video, more coats, longer lasting. Good on plastic, rubber, glass, and paint. AMAZING stuff!

GoodysGotaCuda

I'm interested in something, I am washing my Cuda too often.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

While in Canada I met a lady who was doing this , she did 7 cars that I saw the results were very impressive , the water just runs off , you can coat glass & barely need to use the wipers even ! She was not cheap but well worth it , she had done a lot of repair / detailing / polishing for a living & has a 10 year warranty on her applications

hato

the reason its big bucks from the shops is all the prep work in getting the paint decontaminated and corrected then its another 2 days to apply it and let cure between coats. timely process to do it right but it works and i do my car every two years

gumby

You are correct, there is a lot of prep work to be done, to make sure the paint is smooth and clean. Not many people can just do this at home and get the same results.

It looks like it's worth the extra money?

PlumCrazyRTSE

I was talking to the owner of this Hellcat at the Mopar Nats.  He had just gotten that coating applied and it looked fantastic.  I wish I could remember for sure how much he said it cost him, I'm thinking it was somewhere around $5k.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: PlumCrazyRTSE on September 24, 2018, 01:58:12 PM
I was talking to the owner of this Hellcat at the Mopar Nats.  He had just gotten that coating applied and it looked fantastic.  I wish I could remember for sure how much he said it cost him, I'm thinking it was somewhere around $5k.

Most ceramic coatings without paint correction is about $500...
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

JH27N0B

What's the difference between this and nano-ceramic coating?  Or are these 2 names for the same process?

dvs cycles

Oakley sells a do it your self kit for their sunglasses. Works pretty good but doesn't last very long when I tried it.

hato

500 is the going rate depending on location and how many coats you want the challenger took almost 3 bottles for double coating the main panels and we tripple coated the  valances and lower half but if you need the whole monty your looking at $1,000 to $2,000 if we're talking a super bird

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 24, 2018, 05:15:05 PM
What's the difference between this and nano-ceramic coating?  Or are these 2 names for the same process?
I am not sure , I will have to research it more But more than likely it is a similar product