Main Menu

A Fast N Furious WIW

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, October 30, 2019, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

THIS IS NOT MY CAR NOR DO I HAVE ANY INTEREST IN IT > Ok that being said. I'm posting to get some ideas for a business associate who is helping a client. They are in their late 70's. This is their son's car. He was 40 and recently died from cancer (so I've been told). The pic's are crappy for sure. I know this was a "fast n furious" EVO. I know they were popular somewhere..... Looks like a ton of mod's and low miles to boot. Wish I could read the letter, I'm sure it would help. Any ideas?

BIGS

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

BIGSHCLUNK

Ya Wade, I've seen some crazy numbers on these cars. I wish the pics were better....  Personally I was thinking send it to Mecum and let the market play. For people in their age bracket to play car salesman and put up with all the bullshit..   :thinking:

Bullitt-

seems to me the expense of taking a car to a major auction would negate all if not more of any gain ya might make on the sale.... Ebay or BAT would be my preference...  & wait till spring...cars sell better in the spring I've always heard
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

BIGSHCLUNK

Agreed, but taking into consideration the age of the clients. And the fact that my associate helping them is not a car girl. I feel they will get stepped on pretty hard. I cant see my dad or wife attempting to do this for example

Bullitt-

know anything about these folks? Gateway Classic Cars of Milwaukee   
They do consignment
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/fluid-sell-my-classic-car

bluemp301

The photos are a little too small to get an idea of what all is going on but being 28 I can perhaps give a little insight to some of you older guys who are unfamiliar.

From the little I can see it doesn't appear to have many mods and low miles (which is nice/appealing!)
Being a 2006 model it's an EVO 9 which is the last of the good era before the cars got a bit fatter/heavier.

These were potent cars and were made popular as rally cars being turbocharged and awd. (ignore the Fast and Furious spin on them)

I'd say somewhere in the 20-25k range would be a fair asking price without knowing more info/seeing better pictures of the car.

The 30k+ plus price is going to be reserved for super low mileage cars or heavily modded cars.

BIGSHCLUNK

Wade, I've never heard of Gateway. I am aware of Zarate & Volo.  :notsure:

bluemp301- thanks for your input. I'm sure that letter posted has many details. But it's unreadable for me.

bluemp301

Gateway Classic Cars is a dealer based just outside of me here St. Louis with locations throughout the country. Don't know much about them but I'd make selling on consignment a last effort resort. A car like that priced right won't be hard to sell.

I can't make out much on the letter but from the little I could it appears to be general information copied off the internet about the car.

If you obtain better photos of the car I could help you out a bit more.

72 Challenger

Someone Mentioned Bring a Trailer.

I think that is a great place for this car. You are going to reach your target market there, flat rate to list. 
Someday I will have a J0b.

7212Mopar

My HS friend is into Mitsubishi and GM muscle cars. He has a gen 1 Eclipse and the a EVO of the same vintage as the one posted. Both bought new. He got an offer for $37k on the EVO but he refuses to sell and it has much higher mileage than this one. So I say $35k to $40k is possible on excellent condition low mileage car. It is very popular to the tuners crowd and also they stopped making them. You might want to visit the Mitsubishi forums to check them out to post for sale ads. It also help to familiarize yourself with their buzz words and it will help sell the car. If car only has reversible mods, even people in emission controlled States will also be interested. CA has a big market for them.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

nsmall