Main Menu

I Finally Got a HEMI!!

Started by ViperMan, August 07, 2017, 10:29:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Introducing the newest member of our Mopar-themed fleet.  :)

My dad's '05 Jeep was starting to cost me frequent repair visits and suffering down time for little things, and I just don't trust it anymore - especially for long trips.  So just before Carlisle I started shopping for its replacement, and finally landed this one last week.

She's a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, with what appears to be every single option available back in '09!  I wish I could have gotten a '10 '11 (new body style and additional premium options available) but they were just too pricey.  I actually got a great deal on this truck (comfortably less than $15K) which means I can knock it out quick and get back to Barracuda shopping.  Also, I'm still telling myself that I'll be purchasing something REALLY fun, like maybe a Jeep Trackhawk, in the not-so-distant future.  :)

Her options include navigation, uConnect stereo with 16gb HDD, rear seat DVD screen with wireless headphones, sunroof, heated seats front AND rear, towing hitch, and my personal favorite - remote start!

I'll be selling the '05 off once I take care of a few minor issues (it'll be easier to sell if I do) - hopefully will be able to make a little more than the $500 basically every dealership offered me for it.

Oh, and that HEMI?!  Man - this thing is a missile!!   :burnout:

ViperMan

PS - yes, I know, this was not the post a small number of you were probably hoping to see...

Someday... ...someday...

CudaMoparRay

Never the less you still got a Hemi lol

anlauto

Looks pretty clean for being that old  :worship: :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That thing looks like it's in great shape!!!   :clapping:

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JP426

Congratulations on the new Jeep Hemi! It looks like it is in great condition and well taken care of.
I've had good luck with Jeeps I have owned. A few small problems but nothing major.
I'm hoping to get another Grand Cherokee in the near future.

benlavigne

Congrats on the purchase!
Newer body style came in 2011, like mine.

You are probably better off with the final years of a model than the first-year like mine, which has had quite a few problems in the last year...
But I'm still shopping for a new GC!

Ben

ViperMan

Quote from: benlavigne on August 07, 2017, 11:43:22 AM

You are probably better off with the final years of a model than the first-year like mine, which has had quite a few problems in the last year...

Ben

You're right, Ben - I was just clearing out my "eBay Watch List" and saw a 2010 model that basically looks exactly like mine on the inside, silver on the outside.  Still, I was hoping for the air-conditioned seats in the '11 - that suede insert in the seats on this '09 gets pretty toasty.

I LIKE the look of a blacked-out Jeep...  What rims are those?  I'm thinking of something similar on this one.  Those chrome rims on mine have got to be the least attractive Chrysler rims I've seen in a long time!   :barf:

Chryco Psycho

Congrats  :banana:
I don;t think you want :banana:d a 10 anyway , maybe a 13 , quality problems in 10 - 11

ViperMan

Quote from: JP426 on August 07, 2017, 11:19:07 AM
Congratulations on the new Jeep Hemi! It looks like it is in great condition and well taken care of.
I've had good luck with Jeeps I have owned. A few small problems but nothing major.
I'm hoping to get another Grand Cherokee in the near future.

My first Jeep was Dad's '05 - he retired and didn't need it anymore, so I took it over at 177,000 miles for the grand price of $1 plus an airline ticket to Minnesota to pick it up.  :)

After just a few weeks I was in love with it, especially considering that I got it in November in Western PA...  When it started giving me troubles this year (at 209,000 miles,) I pretty much knew I'd replace it with another GC, and I was so giddy driving this '09 home last Wednesday that you'd think it was a Hellcat or something.  I love it, and if it's as relatively worry-free as Dad's has been (and mind you I acquired that Jeep to replace a VOLVO...) then I'll be one happy Jeep'er.

I just ordered a NOS replacement bumper step pad to replace the faded one in the second pic ($60 bucks) and a MOPAR vanity license plate for the front.  :)

benlavigne

Quote from: ViperMan on August 07, 2017, 11:49:07 AM
Quote from: benlavigne on August 07, 2017, 11:43:22 AM

Ben

You're right, Ben - I was just clearing out my "eBay Watch List" and saw a 2010 model that basically looks exactly like mine on the inside, silver on the outside.  Still, I was hoping for the air-conditioned seats in the '11 - that suede insert in the seats on this '09 gets pretty toasty.

I LIKE the look of a blacked-out Jeep...  What rims are those?  I'm thinking of something similar on this one.  Those chrome rims on mine have got to be the least attractive Chrysler rims I've seen in a long time!   :barf:

Thanks, the wheels are 20x9, from a company called Ruffino, not very expensive, they are actually Charcoal Gray, tires are the stock 265-50-20 size, but the offset and width of the wheels make them look fatter. It is dropped on Eibach springs, but in retrospect, take-off SRT springs/shocks would have given a nicer ride. Blackout is a combination of wrap (door frames, roof rack), tinted film on lights and Plasti-dip on mirrors, grille. I also removed all mouldings and badges... but added the HEMI one (It does have a HEMI). Strangely enough, it was parked almost every night right next to your Viper at the hotel in Carlisle!

Ben

MEK-Dangerous

Jeff,

That Jeep looks awesome. I can't believe how clean the engine compartment is.

Just an FYI, I know the pre 2013 Challengers were recalled for the timing chain on the 5.7's. I assume the same thing in the jeep world. So just check that out. Some dealership hopefully did the recall.

ViperMan

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 07, 2017, 01:41:07 PM
Jeff,

That Jeep looks awesome. I can't believe how clean the engine compartment is.

Just an FYI, I know the pre 2013 Challengers were recalled for the timing chain on the 5.7's. I assume the same thing in the jeep world. So just check that out. Some dealership hopefully did the recall.

Were the 5.7's chain-driven as well?  I was wondering that - the 4.7's are, and ours has never been replaced at 210,000 miles...  I wonder if it should be, but honestly at that mileage, who cares anymore?  :)