Main Menu

I hate when that happens....

Started by anlauto, October 22, 2018, 10:57:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Driving North on HWY#6 this morning in the slow lane with the cruise set at 90KMS.....

...and out of nowhere a young girl, driving in the fast lane....veers over and drives right into the rear wheel of my truck  :verymad:

Destroyed the wheel flare, dented the box with heavy scratches and destroyed the wheel (my opinion) ..... :o

Turned right around and took it to the body shop for an estimate....$3700+ CDN  :'(

Now I just wait to she what she decides...cash or insurance claim....her call.....

...of course she was an attractive young lady....and when I asked, she said "NO I wasn't on my cell phone....I wasn't distracted at all"    ... I would hate to see how she drives when she is distracted  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

HP_Cuda

Yep that rim is a goner. Seems pretty steep for the damage but I'm guessing they are going to just replace the metal than try to repair it?

Lately I've seen this kind of crazy driving more and more. Like the other day I was driving in the fast lane and of course I had someone who wanted to plug up the lane. Then when it's less than 1/8 mile to their exit they try to cut over 4 lanes of traffic in no time. I'm like WTF? Not only did you slow down the fast lane but you almost caused an accident which would have closed the entire friggin Highway.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

The body shop quoted $1100CDN for the rim, so it probably lists around $800 at the dealer I would guess :dunno: $500 and change for the wheel flare

Gotta love the internet....I've spent all of three minutes searching and already found her Facebook account and Instagram   :banana:   now I'm a stocker.... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

scf100

SUCKS.....BUT your still here to talk about it :(
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

JS29

I hope you got A police report!!!!! she could change her story and try to wheezel her way out of it. any witnesses by chance?   :pullinghair: 

Chryco Psycho

1 Wild R/T

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 22, 2018, 02:10:55 PM
I guess you mean stalker??

No I meant "stocker" .....we spell it different in Georgetown.... :haha:

I do have a witness, but no police report....they won't come to minor fender benders, you have to go to a reporting center within 24 hrs.

I hoping they write the truck off so I can get a 2019  :)

303 Mopar

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 22, 2018, 02:12:59 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 22, 2018, 02:10:55 PM
I guess you mean stalker??
No, Alan is more the Stocker type..... :rofl:
Quote from: anlauto on October 22, 2018, 11:13:58 AM
now I'm a stocker.... :haha:

I think she must have hit more than his truck..... :haha: :rofl: :looney: :crazytalk: :yes:

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

You should have lost control & wrapped it around a pole or guard rail , then you could have bought a new truck  :alan2cents:

BFM_Cuda

That sucks, having to deal with something that isn't your fault.

I bought a dash cam for my daily driver just because of the weird things i see while commuting from time to time.

anlauto

I'm VERY thankful to the guy behind us who took the time to stop and give me his info as a witness....not a lot of people would bother. :worship: :drinkingbud:

Cudajason

Ouch man..that SUCKS!!!

Glad you are ok!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.