Main Menu

I have a dilemma!

Started by blown motor, June 11, 2021, 01:00:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I've been collecting magazine ads and framing them for shop decorations. I bought a Rapid Transit System brochure that was sold as an 8 page layout. It arrived today and it's actually 16 pages, and stapled. This isn't just a magazine ad.  Now I'm not sure how to handle it. I'd kind of hate to pull the staples since it's an original. I'm thrilled to have it, I think it's really cool, but what's the best way to display this?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

More.

blown motor

Last ones.

Burdar

Have a local printing place scan it and make color copies.  Then hang the color copies on the wall.  Save the original in a safe place.

You could probably scan them into your home computer, edit them and print them at home if you can't find someone to do it for you.

Poolshark314

Awesome piece! I agree with @Burdar . Find a way to make good quality copies to frame and keep the original intact
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

BIGSHCLUNK

:iagree:

I think I had one of those loooong ago.... who knows where it went ?   Nice score!

318Stroker

Quote from: Burdar on June 11, 2021, 01:14:15 PM
Have a local printing place scan it and make color copies.  Then hang the color copies on the wall.  Save the original in a safe place.

You could probably scan them into your home computer, edit them and print them at home if you can't find someone to do it for you.

I had some Mopar lit like yours that I wanted to display in my garage. I ran them through my home scanner onto glossy photo paper for my printer. Came out nice. And after hanging in my garage for years, they faded, so you wouldn't want to display the original brochure.

anlauto

Take it to a local print shop, have them photocopy and enlarge the pictures you like, then have them mounted to poster board and away you go... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yup: Still have an original one I pulled out of a Hot Rod magazine in 1969, I've looked at it a few times.
Sheldon

anlauto

Ha...decided to look though my pile....didn't realize I had so many...mine are sitting in a drawer ...."on display"  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tman

I still have mine in mint shape.  I had a 3d sign made from the scan of the front page.

worthywads

Quote from: Burdar on June 11, 2021, 01:14:15 PM

I have the 70 Challenger version and my wife took the original to a copy place and had it duplicated and laminated.  The Original remains safely tucked in storage and the laminated one is handy to show anyone the glory of that era without damage.

Mr Lee

I agree to make copies.  That's gonna be some cool wall art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

bentpshrods

I love all the rapid transit / scat pak ads of the late 60's early 70's. Especially the psychedelic art ads. As a side note I found this book by Jim Schild . It starts in 1966 with the new chargers/polara/barracudas ect , then to the start of the Scat Pak / RTS program, ends about 1972. Besides all the ads it also takes each model ( say 1968 Dodge's ----charger, coronet, dart's) and does a break down of options available for each one. Lots of pictures to. Pretty cool book.

blown motor

@anlauto Were those a supplement to magazines or a dealer brochure? I have the 8 page 71 Scat Pack ad coming. Should be here early next week.