Main Menu

I ordered the bumper fill in panel for my A66 vert to be delivered by FedEX.

Started by 340challconvert, October 29, 2020, 09:04:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

I ordered the part from AMD and it was delivered to my door with the top of the tube cylinder holding the part ripped open.

I saw the FedEx truck pull away as I went to the door to retrieve the delivery. Inside the tube, was the plastic bag and invoice and no part. Some one along the line in FedEx ripped open the container and stole the part. I filed a complaint with FedEx; they supposedly investigated and said they were not responsible. 😟 I contacted AMD and told them what happened; they took my information and sent me a new bumper fill panel within a very reasonable time. 😀

Lesson here; watch out for FedEx Services who charge top dollar for shipping then are unable to guarantee the item will not be stolen, and AMD is trustworthy and came through with the replacement part at no additional expense to me. CAVEAT EMPTOR

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

cudamadd

That's good that  AMD came to the party and sent you a new part  .  FedEx. Need to life there game . All worked out in the end  :australia:

Jay Bee

Glad you got your part but it sure sux when you eagerly wait for something only to be disappointed by theft.

AMD should reconsider using FedEx as their shipper, that might send a message. If possible, customers should request AMD not send their parts with FedEx.

Burdar

QuoteI filed a complaint with FedEx; they supposedly investigated and said they were not responsible. 

YOU didn't hire FedEx to deliver your part.  AMD did.  AMD is their customer...not you.  That's how it works with all the shipping companies.  AMD is the one who needs to file a complaint and I'm sure they did.  They did the right thing by sending you out a new part. 

I'm sure FedEx will be reimbursing AMD for the lost part.  If the filler piece was loose in the packaging it's likely it just blew through the tape on the end of the tube somewhere along the line.  Packages aren't handled very gently by any shipping company.

njsteve

Was it Fedex Ground?

They are not actual fedex employees but are "contractors" that bid for the routes. Our regular Fedex driver warned us about them: most are basically criminal gangs that target packages and when they have stolen enough, they simply recontract out under a new name.

I had a new 1970 Cuda grill assembly stolen that way. The Fedex ground depot in PA kept sending me "updates" that my package was on a vehicle waiting for delivery...for 14 days. And then miraculously they said it was delivered at 1:11 PM on a specific date "Left at front door" in the notation. Well, my delivery location is an actual UPS store where I have a PO box. and we reviewed all the video cameras that cover that lot and the front door. No Fedex vehicles were anywhere near that location that day. I contacted Rock Auto and my credit card company. I had the money refunded in a matter of hours when I told them about the video evidence.

RUNCHARGER

AMD packaging leaves a LOT to be desired. They could lower their prices if they packed their parts better. At the retailer I used to work at they had to ship us several parts 2 and even 3 times due to parts damaged either in shipping or before shipping (damaged parts but in undamaged packaging).
Sheldon