Main Menu

I Think About It and Laugh

Started by 71vert340, August 04, 2020, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

This past weekend, the daughter asked if her and her boyfriend could borrow our trailer to get away. Kind of reluctantly, we said okay but they needed to know how to use it. The boyfriend came over for some instruction but I could tell he just wanted to get it over with. They are both in their late 30s and figure they are up on these things. They have never used a trailer with a bathroom toilet, sinks, etc. I showed them how the A/C works, refrigerator works, but the water heater pilot light won't stay lit so no hot water. I had put about two gallons of water in the sewage tank to loosen anything up that might be in there from last year even though it was dumped. I instructed him on how to have the sewage hose out with the end in campground line. I then told him two make sure both valves from the graywater and sewage tanks are shut, remove the cap and hook up the hose. Then he can open the valves. He appeared disinterested/impatient ( Got it, u-huh, etc.). They hooked up trailer and left on Friday. We get a text Friday night that he got the instructions wrong. He opened up the valves and then removed the cap. He got drenched with about 4 gallons of sewage. No hot water so he had to take a cold shower as the campground restrooms are closed. Funny. He laughs about it now, but not then. He'll never make that mistake again. :stop: :drunk: :haha:

challengermaniac

Might be time for your daughter to trade up boyfriends!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Brads70

HAHA, now get him to watch the movie RV with Robin Williams !  :D

Rich G.

floorit426

Sounds like he had more than a little egg on his face!

DeathProofCuda

Nice to hear that every once in a while someone gets exactly what they deserve  :haha:

Bullitt-

:rofl:  This is the point that I ask the question... "Did you LEARN ANYTHING?"   :haha:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

71vert340

Quote from: Brads70 on August 04, 2020, 02:23:58 PM
HAHA, now get him to watch the movie RV with Robin Williams !  :D

I told him about the movie RV and he wants to see it. He learned plenty on this trip. He couldn't figure out how to unhook the trailer from the hitch on his 4Runner at the camp site. He unpinned the ball from the receiver and then remembered I showed him how to release it from the ball. We hooked it up and unhooked it here at the house but he didn't really pay attention that after removing the lock, you have to raise the lever and slide back to release it from the ball. Funny because he's always towing his 20 foot SeaRay boat so he must have had a brain freeze when it came to unhitching the RV trailer.
Terry

71vert340

He told me that at the campground he was jumping up and down on the 4Runner bumper to try to get the ball to release before remembering to lift and slide the release lever back. He can laugh at himself and takes it in stride.
Terry

RUNCHARGER

Late 30's? Yikes, I knew how to do that stuff in my early teens. He'll remember the lesson well though.
Sheldon

ToxicWolf

Lessons learned that way are never forgotten.  :cheers:

usraptor

My son had a somewhat similar experience when dumping the black tank on our camper after a hunting trip.  However, he did attach the drain pipe first but had to stretch it to reach the dump station drain and when he opened the gate value force of the water exiting the tank knocked the connection lose at the camper and he proceeded to dump the entire tank on the ground and all over his feet and legs. When I came outside after using the restroom he was madder than a wet hen and it took everything I had to not laugh about it.  :haha: :rofl: 

Shoooter

I've seen it done, women didnt have the hose on tight and pulled the valve... she was wearing sandals lol

challengermaniac

I see a lot of danger and liability lending an RV, car, truck, tools, etc., to someone with no knowledge and experience.  They need to invest in learning how things work before getting the green light to borrow!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5