Main Menu

Impressive Wing Car collection

Started by anlauto, September 26, 2022, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This video proves that there are some pretty impressive collections of cars owned by rather un-known collectors, guys who don't really like being in the public eye... Mostly B -bodies of course, but if you watch the whole video, you'll see two rather "famous" E-Bodies that most people were wondering where they went, or at least I was  :))

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

cudamadd

Just watched the full video. And what a fantastic collection.  A great history lesson of the wing car and mopar.Thank you for posting  :australia:

Mr Lee

All of the wheels have the Goodyear letters positioned at the top of the tire.   Yeah that's a little OCD.  I guess they don't get driven much.   
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

I don't think driving them is his first priority :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

Quote from: Mr Lee on September 27, 2022, 05:01:07 AM
I guess they don't get driven much.
I co-worker of mine has a '69 428CJ shaker hood Mustang. One of my favorite non-mopar cars. It has sat in his garage for over 20 years now under a cover. I often joked with him saying I could swipe his car and replace it with cardboard boxes under that cover and he would never know. He says 'ya, you probably could'.
No idea why people own stuff without using it. I'm a firearms guy and there's a market out there for Winchester's that have never been fired...... :clueless:.....go figure. Like buying a car and never starting it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mr Lee

Quote from: dodj on September 27, 2022, 07:48:50 AM
Quote from: Mr Lee on September 27, 2022, 05:01:07 AM
I guess they don't get driven much.
I co-worker of mine has a '69 428CJ shaker hood Mustang. One of my favorite non-mopar cars. It has sat in his garage for over 20 years now under a cover. I often joked with him saying I could swipe his car and replace it with cardboard boxes under that cover and he would never know. He says 'ya, you probably could'.
No idea why people own stuff without using it. I'm a firearms guy and there's a market out there for Winchester's that have never been fired...... :clueless:.....go figure. Like buying a car and never starting it.

I guess it's either:
Look at stacks and stacks of cash
or
Look at your cars you don't drive.   :waving:

But I get it...  they do appreciate in value, so, there's that.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Some people collect Die Cast cars to look at........this guy's just doing the same thing on a larger scale :brainiac: