Main Menu

In Phoenix

Started by Chryco Psycho, September 07, 2017, 08:26:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Anyone in the area that wants to meet up while I am here ? :wave:

Cuda Cody

What ya doing in Phoenix?  Hope you're having a little fun.   :yes:   How long are you going to be there?

@cartoonacus1  and  @AAR#2   should be around that area.

Chryco Psycho

Just visiting a friend , might not get home though if Miami washes away tomorrow  :Thud:
Going to the Pavilions show tomorrow [talking stick resort]

AAR#2

Welcome to Phoenix !

Pavilions is traditionally slower during the summer than the winter, couple that with a noticeable decline over the past year or two and its nothing like it was a few years back, except of course during Barrett and Russo Auction weeks. All said, if a car guy and in Phoenix, go to it.

The other trend I've noticed is that a ton of the Muscle Car crowd are evacuating early as all the kids with the tuners are arriving (Unsure if the old guys have a bed time or eyes won't allow them to drive at night). Try getting there around 5 and eat dinner in the area to stay around in case theres a late crowd of cars that shows.

I'd have liked to stop over and meet but this weekend I'm helping a friend with home activities.

Chryco Psycho

Ok well I am around until Tuesday
I noticed the same trend in Calgary , all of the muscle cars are gone as well as all of the people I knew , all tuners now ., it has only been 8 years !!
Even the Mustangs are gone

RUNCHARGER

Kelowna was a bit early too. I was still working then and you would rush home from work, have a quick shower and zoom to the cruise. Then by about 8PM everyone started filing out. I always thought it was a bit strange. I don't mind the tuners, if you start talking to the younger bunch they are generally more than willing to chat and you'd be surprised that a lot of them are quite interested in the old cars.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

:iagree:   Most car people are cool to talk to even if the focus is different  :grouphug:

Chryco Psycho

Well I will probably check that out .
Last night was a bust , 3/4 full , not  a bad turn out but 1 Mopar / 69 Orange RR  :Thud:
There were 10 new Challs & Chargers

AAR#2

Yep, The Pavilions started down hill a few years back, started with the dedicated Corvette row. I'm good with the Vettes as long as they're old, but they had every guy with a new Vette filling a row that few would care to walk. Of course tuners are across the Isle and while not my forte', these are the equals to most of us older guys and allows the kids to show their work on a car they usually drive daily, and they can usually stay up past 7:30 PM.

MOPAR's are always thin, and thats any show out here, before a friend of mine fell ill, he could be found at tons of shows and the Pavilions with one of his AAR's, or his 70 383 he's owned since 1970.