Main Menu

Insurance???

Started by CNUMB, August 21, 2023, 07:01:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CNUMB

Who do you all recommend for insurance?? Rates are getting insane, I am with American Collectors for now.
Thanks in advance!!!

JH27N0B

The insurance industry is reeling right now and most everyone is getting slammed this year on rate increases for auto, home owners etc due to the insurance companies financial woes.
Sadly no sign this will not be continuing into next year.  The fire in Hawaii and flooding rains going on in the SW right now are going to hammer the insurance companies with even more losses too.
Hagerty's renewal on my vintage cars was up around 50% at the end of last year.  Fortunately my agent was able to set me up with a company called American Modern at around what my rates had been with Hagerty last year, so I showed Hagerty the door and all is good... for the time being at least.  I am cringing think about how much my insurance on 6 vehicles and house will go up next year though.  :o
Best you can do is get quotes from all the classic car insurance companies and see if any are less.  My agent Rally insurance specializes in collector car policies so you can talk to them to see if they can help you.

71vert340

And insurance companies are taking their increased payouts out on the customer. Our Toyota 4 runner (2004) was totaled out back in January by a guy who ran a red light. To replace the vehicle ( which was in great shape), the large insurance company the guy had only offered to pay us $9300 for our vehicle. My wife sent him many ads showing a 4runner close to ours in condition, etc. going for around $15k. His statement:" We are not here to make you whole but to give you some money to put a down payment on another car." They refused to make it right and sent us a check for $9300 He said the check was good for 60 days and they considered us paid whether we cashed the check or not. The insurance industry is legalized robbery. I hope they get regulated on how much they can increase rates. Of course, then, they will just refuse to sell insurance in the state that is regulating them.
Terry W.

torredcuda

I dumped Hagerty a couple years ago due to bad customer service but sounds like they have increased prices a bunch. I just reupped with Grundy for $290/yr for $35k coverage, hardly went up at all from last year.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

70_440-6Cuda

I have American Collectors as well - $100K stated value policy, roughly $725 / year.  An when my hood flew up and damaged a bunch of crap because like an idiot I forgot the hood pins, within a week an adjuster was out, gave an estimate and in about 5 days I had a check in my hand, no questions asked.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

tman

I've got Heacock Classic car ins.  Real reasonable.

https://heacockclassic.com/

Poolshark314

Grundy was easily 50% of Hagerty's rate for the same coverage
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

CNUMB

Thank You All for the responses! I know insurance rates are going sky high, Such a scam. I have told my Business insurance writer I should open an insurance company, offer a dividend if you do not use it during the year.. My workers comp has that, makes me feel better using them. What pissed me off was I was paying 500 a year for the 71 challenger, wanted to add the 99 porsche to it. They qouted me 871 for the year, No problem, thought that was fair, that was 8-3-2023. This past weekend they sent me the renewal stating 1104.00. I called last Monday and was told the 871 was last years price, but not true as I only had the challenger on it. Such a bunch of crap... Went with Heacock, hooked me up with American Modern. So glad :)
FYI I tryed Grundy and Rally but apparently no one writes that here in Florida. Or at least nothing would come up .

Again Thank You All!!!!!
Eric

Gripper

I have had Hagerty insurance for 3 years and was expecting a large rate increase for 2024.
Received my renewal invoice and was surprised to see a $32.00 decrease for 2024.
I checked my declaration page to make sure everything was the same, only changes were the line item rates decreased with the same coverage.

Thanks Gripper