Main Menu

It's "Just a Cat"

Started by kawahonda, May 30, 2019, 10:21:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Treasured animals can be treasured whether a dog or a cat.

Dogs are not the best to everyone. This is about cats. Show your cats. Show how awesome they are. The fact that you can leave them at home to go on a trip is a big advantage. They don't rip stuff up as much, either. We take ours on walks and car rides. Show how cool your cats are.

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

RUNCHARGER

This guy is 23 years old. He is a bit of an A-hole and always has been so I attribute his longevity to that. He was tough as nails in his prime but is winding down now of course.
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: kawahonda on May 30, 2019, 10:21:56 PM
Treasured animals can be treasured whether a dog or a cat.

Dogs are not the best to everyone. This is about cats. Show your cats. Show how awesome they are. The fact that you can leave them at home to go on a trip is a big advantage. They don't rip stuff up as much, either. We take ours on walks and car rides. Show how cool your cats are.

Those pictures made me giggle, thanks for that! LOL
I love cats also but our one son is allergic to them but not dogs for some strange reason. I always wanted one of those hairless cats they crack me right up. 

BIGSHCLUNK

This is Miss M.....  can u figure out what the M stands for....   yes she is a RESCUE.  She was a few months old in these pic's, she's much bigger now. But it's all I got on the office computer. And does terrorize my dog

cuda hunter

My first cat taught me that I can love animals.  I had not had a pet for over 20 years and Morrison adopted us. 
He came to the back porch as a kitten when I was out hunting. My wife called and said the kitten was freezing. I said don't feed it anything.  When I returned home from hunting we had a new cat.   
  He was great.  Mean as could be but the nicest cat ever.  He liked my cars and would hang out in the garage with me.  Loved my 64 lincoln.  Had a paper fetish.  Always like to get under newspaper and sleep.  He was with me for almost 3 years.  Funny thing is he showed up just after I had taken my first mountain lion and drank it's blood.  Since then I have cats everywhere it seems.

My neighbor killed him. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

@cuda hunter  Did your neighbor do it intentionally? I had a neighbor poison a German Shepherd on me, God got him before I could, and better!  :andyangel:   

YellowThumper

Always cats here as well. All for noted above. Independence.
Have had several thru the years.
By far my favorite was an orange tabby. He owned our house. Every rooms door always had to be open for his access. Even bathroom. If he heard one close he would investigate. When encountering the closed door. He would just barrel role onto it incessantly. Scratching and thumping continously. Open the door he then casually walks in looks around and just left. Died young at 9 from diabetes complication.
Pic is of current one and... well... :looney:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

gzig5

I can't count how many cats we had growing up, at least 15. Got married and six months later wife started to talk about having kids. Got her a kitten and that worked for about four months and so got another one.  That kept us out of kids for eight years.  Had those two seventeen and eighteen years respectively.  Really hard when we had to put them down.

No pets for about two years until we went on vacation in Florida and Batman showed up on the carport and adopted us.  Wife and kids beat on me all week. Long story with tears when owner was located and took him back but then abandoned him at end of week.  Finally I caved and we drove 24 hours back to Wisconsin with him and a litter box in the truck.  He is a really special animal.  Likes people, neighborhood kids love him, he gets along with the dogs and they snuffle each other's butts, etc.  My wife was struggling a bit, and I think the Lord sent him for her.  He has his own chair at the dinner table and most of the time minds his manners and he will take care of any vermin problem that comes up.  He will take a walk on a leash and doesn't mind too bad when the kids dress him up.  Just a really cool cat, and we are blessed.

Skinny dude at the vet when he found us.  He's bulked up a bit.

Chill-axing back in WI.  Has even gotten use to a real winter but that first one was hard.

First Holloween. 

kawahonda

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

MEK-Dangerous

I had a cat for 19.5 years. He was more like a dog. He knew his name 2 weeks after adopting him. I could take him anywhere, and he wasn't afraid of strangers. He was so well behaved, I called him my little angel.

cuda hunter

Quote from: JS29 on May 31, 2019, 07:55:24 AM
@cuda hunter  Did your neighbor do it intentionally? I had a neighbor poison a German Shepherd on me, God got him before I could, and better!  :andyangel:   

On purpose. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Honestly I'm more of a dog person but I did catch a litter of feral kittens, got them to trust people & found homes for all but one..  He disappeared from my shop & a few months later I found the remains....  I like cats, just always preferred big dogs..  I think having my hands shredded by a buddies cat may be part of my preference for dogs... He'd been sitting on my lap for fifteen minute purring & acting happy then suddenly freaked out & clawed me pretty badly, to the point I had to be stitched up....  After that I may have trust issues... :haha:  I've been bitten by a few dogs, but I've always understood my part it the event... With the cat there was no warning..

And yeah Cuda Hunter, I'd have revenge... Thats complete crap...

700 AKN

I've always had cats too.   I just have one right now ( Tigger ) and the white cat ( Casper ) died in December.  He was about 13 years old.
Both cats were farm cats and showed up from who knows where.  Tigger plays very aggressively and has bitten me a few times very hard, but I survived.
He gets very upset if I sneeze.  Also cries when I gargle my mouth wash.   Not sure what's going through his head. 

Topcat

Cats out number dogs over 2 to 1 per household with Pets.

Why? Because they're fairly easy to manage and adapt well.

I love both animals big or small, Dogs or Cats; but as I get older, Cats are being more easy to deal with.