Main Menu

It's "Just a Dog"

Started by 1 Wild R/T, June 17, 2018, 04:30:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

This was sent to me by a friend who knows how I am about dogs.... She's the same way.... As I know some of y'all are too...

From time to time people tell me, "Lighten up, it's just a dog," or "That's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, time spent, or costs involved for "Just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "Just a dog." Many hours have passed with my only company being "Just a dog," and not once have I felt slighted. Some of my saddest moments were brought about by "Just a dog." In those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "Just a dog" provided comfort and purpose to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "Just a dog," you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person. Because of "Just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

For me and folks like me, it's not "Just a dog." It's an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog"brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday people can understand it's not "Just the dog." It's the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "Just a man" or "Just a woman."

BIGSHCLUNK

Brads70

:iagree:  dogs are better than most people. Funny thing was for years my favorite kind of dog was" someone else's dog"  Then when the wife said "lets just go look" which translated from wife speak is get out your checkbook. My dog is family, like one of my kids, he "always knows/understands bad days etc...most people don't..... very loyal and always wants to be near me most in our family. He is 13 now and I dread the day when he leaves.... I try not to think about it.

Chryco Psycho

Thay are never Just a Dog , they are mans best friends for good reason  :bradsthumb:

71-440

:iagree:

WOW. That was a powerful statement. Well said brother! :bigthumb:
Joe

Topcat

Today I was channel surfing and watched the Dog Competition.

They communicate with us just by the small body motions we make or gesture.

People could learn from a Dog.

Pets give us hope when we are in despair and pain.
They are medication with unconditional Love.

Dakota

My wife tells me that I'm a better, calmer person since we got our dogs.  She's right. Wherever I am in the house, I usually have quiet company which I absolutely cherish. 

Jim AAR

:iagree: with all of the statements..........

Dogs truly are your best friend, they are always there for you, always greet you when you come home, give you the same attention if your happy or sad, mad or joyful.

You can get mad at them if they did something wrong, but they will always just want to give you unconditional love, which most humans are incapable of as most always look for faults or short comings.

Dogs truly are a humans best friend. :ohyeah:

Spikedog08

It is true . . It is just a dog.  But my dog is part of this family and could not be replaced with anything.  I tease my wife telling her that I have already put him through college . . In my opinion, he is priceless . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Slotts

Quote from: anlauto on June 18, 2018, 03:53:19 AM
I'll stick with my cat. :alan2cents:

Maybe some Simon Bond sketches are in order?  :pokeeye:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

1 Wild R/T

anlauto

Yes it does speak volumes....  :-X
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: I love dogs but my cat is cool too. I love his take no $&^@ attitude. You'll never find a better friend than a dog though, they truly will give their own life to save yours in a pinch.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

My Dog saved my ass for sure & not a mark on him either  :bravo: