Main Menu

One Fast Challenger

Started by 71GranCoupe, January 02, 2018, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Spikedog08

Quite a few large tickets handed out in Texas . . . .  :stayinlane:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ToxicWolf

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on January 02, 2018, 10:00:48 AM
News article on a SRT8 clocked at 181 mph in a 75 zone, wonder how fast a Hellcat could have gone?   :thinking:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/181-in-a-75-here-are-the-20-fastest-speeding-tickets-in-texas-in-2017/ar-BBHMKj1?li=BBnb7Kz

I would have framed that one and hung it on the wall.  :cooldance:

Spikedog08

If I'm reading it correctly, it was a 2012 Honda that went 181MPH and the Challenger was going 160MPH in a 55 zone . . . still crazy! 

:drunk:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Spikedog08 on January 02, 2018, 10:26:32 AM
Quite a few large tickets handed out in Texas . . . .  :stayinlane:

I got a ticket in Texas once driving back from Austin to Denver due to all flights grounded after 911.  I was going 75 when I approached a small town in the middle of nowhere and the speed limit dropped to 55 for about a 1/2 mile.  Trooper was hidden behind a sign, and did not have any sympathy for people driving back home.   :Thud:

Brads70

Not nearly as bad but... I know someone who got nailed doing 122 mph  in a 65 MPH zone in the mountains in PA.... going to Carlisle. :-[   Story goes he just installed a new OD transmission and was enjoying ZZ Top on the radio driving through the winding mountains on a beautiful sunny July day.  :lurking: