Main Menu

Kid's these days...

Started by gzig5, May 22, 2019, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

Had a young guy come over to buy the compressor I had listed on Craigslist. Nice guy, probably 20-ish, going to the local tech college for business admin.  Open the garage to show the compressor and this is the exchange:

Oooo, is that a Charger?

No, that's a Cuda, Barracuda.

Who made that?

Plymouth

Never heard of them. 

(roll eyes subconsciously) Yeah, they were shut down over fifteen years ago.

I guess I'm too young.

That's OK, I probably have never heard of any of the music you like.

He did buy the compressor, so one more thing out of the way.

BIGSHCLUNK

Even with the top down, NIKKI's been called a Charger....  :rubeyes:    :headbang:

dodj

To the non Mopar crowd, they are all Chargers....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70Barracuda

I've gotten, Mustang, Charger, Camaro.  One night going down the road from a guy in a new Mustang... What is that?

Thats okay
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

kawahonda

I'm so tired of people saying charger. Nothing at all comes even close....mustang...camaro...nope....it's always "Charger".
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

70 Challenger Lover

My super bee was orange and everywhere I went, people asked if it was a dukes of hazard car. I'll never have an orange b body car again! Haha

GoodysGotaCuda

I've had plenty of more "grown ups" have no idea what my car is.  :pokeeye:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Katfish

It's all good, I had no idea what a 55 Chevy was, and still don't.
My car is a Charger too, I don't even bother correcting them.
"Nice Charger, I had one just like it......"
Thanks!

Curse of Dukes of Hazard

Chryco Psycho

This is nothing new , you always knew it was another Mopar owner when they used the right name ,  everyone else used the wrong name
Blame Bullett , Dukes , Blade , Drive angry , Payback , Petty ..... the bad guys often drove Chargers in multiple movies , You would have though Nash Bridges would have done more for the Cudas Tho

70Barracuda

The other side to this...

Everyone has a story and they want to tell it to you.  My dad had a... My brother had a ... I had a...

My GF drives a Prius, never been in this type car.  Loves going for rides.  Says it's like a carnival ride.

Had to teach her cool car etiquette.  Try not to make eye contact, give them the thumbs up back, wave, say thanks.  Thats when moving, if not it's story time..
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

DodgeGuy

One good thing with Chrysler reintroducting the Dodge Challenger is that today's generations are very familiar with them.

At every car show I've ever been to with our '74 Challenger, it seems like just about everyone recognizes immediately that it's a Challenger....because usually I hear them or see them say two things..

1. Ooooo...there's a Challenger.

2. The old ones look cooler/are better than the new ones... :ohyeah:
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

Chryco Psycho

:bigthumb:  true , having the Current Chall does help

1 Wild R/T

A friend of mine took this photo, photoshopped the billboard & gave it to me as a gift....  I appreciate his efforts..... However... :haha: BTW He's about 70 years old.... So he lived through these cars, just not that much of a car guy...

And yes the photo I'm posting doesn't look real good, I took a picture of a picture in poor lighting...Sorry...

kawahonda

LOL, Exactly!

Btw Randy, nice Charger!
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: kawahonda on May 22, 2019, 09:48:49 PM
LOL, Exactly!

Btw Randy, nice Charger!

Thanks! I like it...