Main Menu

Let me know which picture you think might be worthy of 2019 Calendar

Started by Topcat, February 11, 2018, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

These were taken up near "The Cats" restaurant in Los Gatos.
Lighting was pretty good today. Slight overcast. 

Which one is so far the beat? 1 thru 4.

dodj

I like the picture of your car the most in #4 Mike. But the bright white cat 'growing' out of your car, IMO, hurts the pic.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

Thanks for your feedback.

I need picture taking practice.

Maybe time to head over to Pebble Beach and try there.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  I like #3, however I think the cats slightly take away from the car.  That car should be the focus of the photo for sure.  It's a fantastic car!   :inlove:

cuda hunter

opinion,

#4 is best.  But I wish you were just 4' to the right.  Where the gate is in the rear window and not the white triangle. And the car wouldn't quite be growing out of the hood if it was just over to the right. Love the angle and like the road in the background. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

I like 3 because it is in your face a bit and the cat doesn't show up as well. I agree it would probably look better without the cats at all.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

:stop:   Wrong setting for that car. Take away the distractions that are to close to the car. Place the car in an old brick alley or ... Try to picture the car in it's 69-70 timeline background.   :alan2cents:
     NICE CAR !!! :wowzers:

Swamp Donkey

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

nsmall

I am not a fan of cats.  Lots of strays in my neighborhood.

I am a fan of your car.    :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

All of the calendar pics had some sort of decent background.  You live in CA, Im sure they sun will set you up for something one day.  Start scouting a location.  Just before sunset, take some shots.  You already have my vote if we get to vote. :bradsthumb:

ToxicWolf

This is about photographing Cobras and it is a PDF file, but one of the best references for how to photograph a car I have found.

Google for

Cobra Photography Tips for Dipsticks

Or just click the red button at the bottom of this page

http://www.cobracountry.com/Curt-Tips4Dipstix-intro.html

:wave:

7212Mopar

First picture capture the lines and proportion of the car the best I think. Second picture got the best light and color.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Dakota

I like #3 best based on the perspective of taken of the car.   The cat peering over the back is the least distracting.  I'd echo prior comments about the statues being too much of a distraction when they dominate the view in the other pictures.

One nitpicky from #3 is the cable (?) or tree branch that looks a bit like a harpoon coming into the car next to the hood near the passenger side hood pin.

Gorgeous car. Thanks for sharing.

blown motor

Love the background except for the cats. They totally ruin the picture.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda_mark

I vote for #3. Its a great angle. I think you should duplicate that picture with a different background.