Main Menu

Help Sourcing Backlit Sign Box

Started by Floyd, March 24, 2019, 03:32:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

I picked up this 12X12 sign face recently and figured I might be able to find a used/vintage sign that I could use for parts.  That size is turning out to be unusual for either vintage or new lighted sign cabinets.  I will keep looking but I am also looking into having something made.  Any suggestions for a source for a making quality metal sign box?  I can do all the lighting components myself.

Thanks!

PS - Just made it to "Small Block" level - Woo Hoo!

6Pack70

Wow.....I really like that!  I'm jealous.   I would do some internet searching on how to build your own lighted sign box. 

Floyd

Thanks - I'm pretty comfortable with sourcing/assembling all the lighting components (ballast, switches, etc).  I need a metal bender/fabricator to make a quality box.  I have done some online searches, but most of them point to the internet-only type places.  I'd prefer to work with an individual or small company who is willing to do custom work.

Bullitt-

If I'm  not mistaken our fearless leader @cudacody is in the sign business....
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

fc7cuda

Bruce,

Is your flange size exactly 12" x 12 " or 11 3/4"?

Can you measure the drop size  -this is the body section where it would need to fit within the opening of the frame.

Floyd

Tom - The outer dimension is 12X12.  The flange is .375" wide.  The drop size measures right at 11.25".  The material thickness is .11