Main Menu

Garage Size

Started by Poolshark314, May 27, 2021, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bills Auto Works

I am definitely on the bandwagon for going as big as possible even if it takes a variance!

I have been in 3 shops since 1983 or so. First  would hold 3 cars (two to work on comfortably) a bigger one came available in the same compound...5 cars in the main part, one in the booth. I was in those two shops for a total of 23 years & while the landlord became like a 2nd father to me, I was still paying rent on it every month! When I got divorced I said I would never rent again, so I sold the house in the "burbs" & bought a place out in the country that I thought had a big enough building (40x88) with an upstairs storage area of 40x24 which along with the house were almost new I was sure that would be big enough! Fast forward 10 years, I added 16x88 on the back & now 2 years later I am buying a 40 foot container to put on the back for more storage! When I am done, no one will know it is a container though as I am putting an angled roof on it & covering it with the same Fabral 2 tone metal as on th ebuilding itself.....Ours is a major addiction :)

God bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!

captcolour

If a variance isn't allowed, any thought about putting it away from the house so the rectangle garage can be perpendicular to your property line?  Not as ideal and don't know what your backyard view is, but could be another option if zoning allows.

Poolshark314

Quote from: captcolour on May 31, 2021, 06:55:42 AM
If a variance isn't allowed, any thought about putting it away from the house so the rectangle garage can be perpendicular to your property line?  Not as ideal and don't know what your backyard view is, but could be another option if zoning allows.

Yeah it's a consideration. We have a really good view out of the back so we don't want it much farther but I would consider a little further back in the yard
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD