Main Menu

Meeting Mopar Youth

Started by Timbbuc2, August 05, 2019, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Since my build is winding down so to speak, I have been listing a few parts on Market place for local pick-up. So I listed a set of rotors and this young guy showed up. Maybe 21 years old.
  I was pleasantly surprised when he started looking at my car and looking at my vin and fender tag and started talking about the options. It really made me feel good that this young guy was so into old Mopars. You hear people say where is our hobby heading, I would say with young people like this guy it is strong.
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

Most of the young gearheads are cool. If you're at a show it's good to engage them in conversation, sometimes they are a bit hesitant to say the first words but when you show respect for them it will go both ways.
Sheldon

js27

Very cool story-they are the futile of the hobby. I had a similar experience 2 weeks ago. I advertised a 3 speed wiper motor off my 70 R/T on Facebook. This guy messages me and says he wants it. I tell him $ 150.00 + shipping. He said he would pick it up. Turns out he lives 20 minutes from me and has a Beautiful yellow with a black top and gut T/A completely restore. I never saw him or the car-but hey I haven't been doing any shows or cruises in the last 2 years. Very nice young guy and very knowledgeable about Mopars. He even took pictures of my cars from pictures I had hanging on the wall in my garage. He naturally was drawn to the Vert. Told him he missed seeing it in person by 3 weeks. You just never know where those Mopar are hiding.
JS27