Main Menu

Mopar Nats canceled?

Started by Burdar, July 21, 2020, 02:03:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

It does suck. Even as an older person I'm of the "you can't stop living and be in fear" mentality but it is what it is as they say.
Sheldon

76orangewagon

After seeing all the Irresponsible non-compliant, non-mask wearing people at Carlyle that had no regard for others safety, I see why the state of Ohio has concerns.

worthywads

Quote from: bennydodge on July 21, 2020, 08:34:00 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2020, 07:55:36 PM
I know all the published numbers can be skued ....but I think ALL OF US  can agree that 1 death to this stupid virus is 1 death too many :andyangel:

.......at least I hope we all can agree  :grouphug: :rofl:

Really?? You actually just said "1 death is 1 to many"-I think I just threw up in my mouth a little....

More accurate numbers

U.S.  340,000,000 x .0439% = 149,600 dead
Canada 37,742,154 x .0235% = 8,869 dead

Not to far apart really.

That almost double 0.439/0.235 = 1.87 times the deaths

Reports deaths were 1127 yesterday, the highest since the end of May.  Deaths are following a few weeks behind this recent surge. I know all fake numbers for the aluminum hat crowd.  :barf:

bennydodge

Quote from: worthywads on July 22, 2020, 06:43:27 AM
Quote from: bennydodge on July 21, 2020, 08:34:00 PM
Quote from: anlauto on July 21, 2020, 07:55:36 PM
I know all the published numbers can be skued ....but I think ALL OF US  can agree that 1 death to this stupid virus is 1 death too many :andyangel:

.......at least I hope we all can agree  :grouphug: :rofl:

Really?? You actually just said "1 death is 1 to many"-I think I just threw up in my mouth a little....

More accurate numbers

U.S.  340,000,000 x .0439% = 149,600 dead
Canada 37,742,154 x .0235% = 8,869 dead

Not to far apart really.

That almost double 0.439/0.235 = 1.87 times the deaths

Reports deaths were 1127 yesterday, the highest since the end of May.  Deaths are following a few weeks behind this recent surge. I know all fake numbers for the aluminum hat crowd.  :barf:

Aluminum hat-wearing aside, both numbers are under 1/2 a percent-this is no doubt a minimal difference. The CDC models and projections have been way off concerning anything covid 19. They claimed 3.5 million Americans would die WITH mask-wearing, social distancing and all the restrictions in place. Fact is people are not dropping over dead as predicted.
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

Skid Row

Up until the month of March, Local news reported the "Daily" Flu deaths.  Now nobody has died of the flu since.(Must have magically gone away?) A virus, Originating out of China, Has been turned into a political blame game and will probably be referred to as the great 2020 Scamdemic.

bennydodge

Quote from: 76orangewagon on July 22, 2020, 04:27:52 AM
After seeing all the Irresponsible non-compliant, non-mask wearing people at Carlyle that had no regard for others safety, I see why the state of Ohio has concerns.

It's irresponsible to assume mask-wearing preserves the safety of others. Valid arguments can be made on both sides of the mask debate. 
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

Burdar

THIS ISN'T A POLITICAL THREAD.  IT WAS MADE TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT THE NATS ARE CANCELED. GIVE IT A REST. 

YellowThumper

I suggest the op change the name of this thread to reflect that it is nothing but a covid argument with too much chest beating...
Yes it has been cancelled... I received notice of this.
Talk cars here or start thread with proper intro to discussions...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda Cody

Mopars Nats is one of the great shows that I have not yet had the pleasure of attending.  Someday I will make it happen!!!   :banana:  But this year the show is cancelled.  The original poster wanted to help share the news about the show being cancelled and I think he has accomplished that.  We all have thoughts about how others should run their business or how others should see things, but in the end the powers that be made the decision based on the information they had.  I don't know if I would do the same thing or not if I was in their shoes, but lucky for me I don't have to make those tough decisions.... I only need to help us all get along.  And talking politics has been proven to divide people.  Since this topic can get sideways fast let's put this thread in "park" now that the news of the show being cancelled has been shared.  We can all find other things to argue about.... like what's better, a 4 speed or auto?   :pokeeye: