Main Menu

Share your tips and tricks for alerts and notifications for finding cars/parts

Started by Cudakiller70, February 03, 2017, 08:05:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudakiller70

What I use.
I use an app called IFTTT (If This Then That) they have recipes, the recipe I use is; Craigslist then email, their are many other recipes or combinations. I've set mine up so if there's anything Mopar posted on Craigslist I get an email.
https://ifttt.com/discover

Cuda Cody

My wife thinks the best way to find cars is to use "Personal shoppers".  A Personal Shopper is a really smart person who posts good deals they find on the forums.  She thinks that's how I find all my cars!   :rofl:  @Cudakiller70  she is adding you to the list of personal shoppers!   :rofl:   Gotta be honest, I think half the cars I own are from nice members sharing what they find on the forums.    :yes:    Lots of fantastic people share wonderful deals on forums.    :drinkingbud:

blown motor

In Canada we have Kijiji which is similar to Craigslist. You can set an alert with a key word, eg. Challenger, and each morning you get an email with all the new postings that contain that word in the last 24 hours.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

HP_Cuda

Ad hunter or tempest based how how you like to search.

IFTT sounds interesting.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Finoke

jakerobinsonrvp@gmail.com

Anyone know how to connect IFTTT with "ALL of Craigslist" so you can get notified when the item you want is posted anywhere on craigslist?  I would love to know that recipe...

cheers,

Cuda Cody

Welcome @jakerobinsonrvp@gmail.com   :welcome:  I have a love / hate relationship with Craigslist.  It's great for finding stuff that is common and local, but trying to find hard to find stuff and searching cities one at a time sucks.  Feels like there has to be a better way, right?

Quote from: jakerobinsonrvp@gmail.com on July 27, 2018, 10:12:03 PM
Anyone know how to connect IFTTT with "ALL of Craigslist" so you can get notified when the item you want is posted anywhere on craigslist?  I would love to know that recipe...

cheers,

jakerobinsonrvp@gmail.com

Well, you can search a site called "allofcraigs" (google it) and it will search the whole dang thing... just be careful cuz if your searching for a common item it will deluge you with results... I used to be able to search for EVERY VW TDI in the nation... but because they are rare, it was manageable to keep up with new listings after you reviewed the "market."

I want to be able to get IFTTT to take a nation-wide search on craigslist using the "all of craigs" site and send me a daily email.  There are several 'all of craigs' website variations out there.  I just have not found an IFTTT recipe that does what I want it to do... there are 40 "search craigslist and get an email" but I don't need more than one of those...

Cudakiller70

Can't help with your question IFTTT, but I also use searchtempest and autotempest
https://www.searchtempest.com
https://www.autotempest.com
Autotempest ; you can give a distance max from your zip code and gave it pull from Craigslist