Main Menu

My son bought a cool toy today (warning not a Mopar)

Started by RUNCHARGER, July 23, 2017, 06:52:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

So my son came down today and bought this off a friend of mine. My son has an outrageous Ramcharger rock crawler, a nicely modded 02 Cummins Dually, a 360-W2 powered 240Z he is building as well as a model A sedan and other various vehicles. I know he likes to build stuff but I think he realized by the time he gets some of the other stuff built it will be a while down the road.
This is a factory 5 Cobra and my friend Gord built it to a very nice, usable level. This thing rides tighter than my wife's Mercedes with no rattles squeeks or groans.
Tomorrow he is driving it home around forest fires etc. so it will probably be a 600 mile run.
I'm pretty proud of him and glad he is having fun and he's accomplished a lot in 23 years. He had his red seal at 21 and bought his first house at 22.
Sheldon

Brads70

Cool car I've always liked them! Even more desirable to me is the Daytona Cobra coupe  :drooling:

RUNCHARGER

Yup, those Daytona's are cool. Something else my son (and I) really like is a Cheetah. I don't think we can build a Cheetah and license it in Canada though.
Sheldon

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

You are correct about being a cool new toy.  Good buy. He is still young and you need to remind him to be careful.....that thing can be a blue light attraction!

Chryco Psycho

I tuned & drove one of those , possibly the same car . the novelty wore off very quickly , Uncomfortable to drive in every way , seating position , pedals , in & out , constant A/c , not for me .
Cheetahs were an interesting car also 

Cuda Cody

I'm happy for him.  Very cool car... and you should be very proud of him.  Sounds like a great kid.

anlauto

I hope he has the wits to yank the motor and put a Mopar in there :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

Good to see going people going in the right direction.  You did a good job

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I'm pretty proud of him. I told him never to brag, just do. He pretty much seems to live that. I bought him a dead 260Z when he was 14, I taught him to build and weld in the new floorpans and also to troubleshoot the ignition system to make it into a runner so I don't think we ever handed him anything. This is the Ramcharger that he built, in highschool his metalwork teacher was impressed that he used a skilsaw to make straight cuts when building a winchbumper for it.
Sheldon

jimynick

Sounds like a lad that's got his priorities straight and has a work ethic to boot and that's a rare and nice child to have! Getting his ticket at 23 also shows his aptitude and ambition and it appears that he's also good with money to have all those toys at hat age. Congrats!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

mopar thunder

That's a beautiful car, I owned a 65' replica about 5 years ago now. It was a fun ride. You son sounds like a good man.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks guys: Just waiting for word from him that he made it home alright. It occurred to me today that he didn't take any tools with him. Ha! He just texted he made it home safe and sound.
Sheldon

ViperMan

Damn that thing is gorgeous.  The previous owner of my house in Pittsburgh had one sitting in the garage when I first came to tour the place.

Kit cars don't always have a good rep in the industry, but Factory Five really does things right, and if the builder puts in the time, they can end up with a pretty fantastic automobile.

Very impressive.