Main Menu

Need a picture of a 74 cuda outside trim/molding on the quarter glass.

Started by Ohiowoodchuck, October 30, 2021, 03:36:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ohiowoodchuck

Would someone care to post a picture of the trim and molding that goes on the top of the quarter panel. When I bought the car it was completely stripped so I'm at a loss on what all goes there. I'm having some figment issues with the full quarter lot lining up with door edge. It's like the panel is to short.

moparroy

I only wish I had taken pictures of my '74 before I stripped all the trim  :headbang:
I only did quarter skins on mine  - so the top at the Q glass is OE - as is the door. Its finish painted now - but I have not got the trim back on it yet - would a pic without the trim help you?

PLY474

@Ohiowoodchuck @moparroy 1974 cuda pictures of the quarter window area.  The screw holding the beltline trim may be incorrect since it has contacted the door.  The passenger side does not have any screw there (or door damage), but there is a hole there for one.  Need to research the correct screw.  Let me know if you need anything else. 

Ohiowoodchuck

How well does the body match up to the door. I've having trouble with the lip of the panel not going in all the way. It's like it was bent to short. Can you give me a picture from inside the car to the outside with the quarter glass rolled down please. I'm trying to get a idea of how well the seal is in this particular area. My car was in pieces when I got it and it's like putting together a giant puzzle.

Alexcuda

@PLY474 any more pictures of your Cuda? Would love to see a 74 in burnt orange. Sorry don't mean to threadjack

moparroy

Any of these help?

Ohiowoodchuck

They help greatly. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.  :cheers:

PLY474

@Ohiowoodchuck Looks like moparroy provided what you needed.  My door to quarter alignment isn't as good as his.  Mine is still in factory assembly quality. 

@Alexcuda One of these days I'll do a new member page.  Thanks for your interest in the burnt-orange color family.  When I was young, my older brother had a 70 Coronet in burnt-orange, in and out, and it stuck with me.  It's a survivor car with V5X side trim.   

Ohiowoodchuck

I sure wouldn't mind of having a few pictures of yours just for a comparison. It would help me make a determination on what to try to do to work out the panel fitment issue. The original quarters were off some in this area.