Main Menu

Need confirmation and where to find...

Started by wldgtx, October 11, 2018, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

wldgtx

So I would like to confirm the correct carburetor for my 1970 Challenger RTSE Auto/Air.

I have heard that it could be the AVS, I have also heard it could be the Holley 4369.  IF it is the 4369, I need to locate one as I would like to get the right carb on it.  BTW, my build date is 2/17 just because I know someone will ask.

Thanks in advance!
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

autoxcuda

Does the car have California emissions? That would be N95 on your fendertag and buildsheet.

I believe your buildsheet will have the last digits of the carb number.

Once you find the number you need, you'll have to search for used carbs or in the rare case find an NOS one.

Look at Mopar for sale sites, eBay, swap meets, Mopar professional used parts dealers, etc.

It's not going to be something you order out of a catalog.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

wldgtx

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 11, 2018, 12:13:27 PM
Does the car have California emissions? That would be N95 on your fendertag and buildsheet.

I believe your buildsheet will have the last digits of the carb number.

Once you find the number you need, you'll have to search for used carbs or in the rare case find an NOS one.

Look at Mopar for sale sites, eBay, swap meets, Mopar professional used parts dealers, etc.

It's not going to be something you order out of a catalog.

No CA emissions.  I realize it's not a catalog order item.  I am just trying to determine which carb belongs on this engine.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wldgtx

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2018, 01:12:51 PM
Member @ScottSmith_Harms  can likely help you...

Good call, I figured if anyone had one, I would send to Scott to restore.

EV2RTSE

You need a 4369. Carters only came on blue engine 383's - non-R/T Challengers, Barracudas, etc. Tony's Parts usually has one if you can't find any elsewhere.

ScottSmith_Harms

Sorry, I don't have any 4369's. particular Holley's are getting pretty hard to find, you really need to beat the bushes for the right numbers and dates. It can be a real Easter egg hunt with so many list numbers and date variables in 70-71 383 applications.