Main Menu

New MUSCLE car Proto Type is out

Started by anlauto, August 17, 2022, 07:43:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chargerdon

I know this when it comes to global warming.   

No one likes a bitter tasting medication...NO ONE including me!!!   Being told/forced by our governments (and the US government is just one of many)  is a huge Bitter Pill to swallow.   Yep, it is..    Now our scientists have been telling us for more than 50 years that if we dont slow down drastically the increase in CO2 in our atmosphere that the Earths is changing and global warming in another 20-80 years will cause dramatic changes to the worlds climate and that those climate change can produce horrific results in terms of tidal waves, blizzards, tornadoes etc.   

Rubbish...they don"t know shit them scientists...hell they want me to take medicine that tastes bad without any proof that i need it.   I simply dont believe them communists and point out that we had an ice age thousands of years ago before man even populated the earth...heck nothing we puny humans can affect the atmosphere.   RIGHT ??????   

GROW UP...   its a bitter medicine that we HAVE to take for our children's and grandchildren's sake !!!    OK so will switching to BEV really help the situation?   Yes, producing electricity in a power plant is way more efficient than burning fuel in a ICE car.   A nuclear, or hydro or solar plant produces ZERO CO2.    I live in NC where there have been dozens of solar power fields produced in the last ten years.   One is 4 miles away from me and according to its Owners produces on a sunny day enough electricity to fully power the small town of Angier, NC where it is located and here in NC the sun shines most of the time !!    Ask the city of Los Angeles if the smog hanging over the city is real   (ive seen it) and hasnt it improved over the last 10 years with the increased emissions control systems!!   Ive seen recent photos as well.   its improved

Wrong...they have proof...you just wont listen to it because that bitter pill will cost you money !!      Still don't believe in all this bullshit the scientists are telling us????   ...let me ask just one more question...   IF i and the scientists are wrong then the worst thing that happens is that we start driving BEV cars in the next ten years and we can always switch back to ICE cars in the future.   BUT, do you really want to ignore your grandchildrens right to live and continue to pollute if their right?????  If their right by the time many of you admit it...it will be too late. 

PS...im not giving up my 74 gas guzzling challenger no matter what...  but, then i only drive it about 300-400 miles a year.   

dodj

Ahh...there goes chargerdon being kind of wishy washy....not telling us how he really feels...lol
:iagree: with your rant though. Even if reducing CO2 etc didn't affect climate change...we humans will be able to breathe better.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70vert

It should be clear, after today's announcement that California will ban new sales of ICE vehicles starting in 2035, that Dodge did the right thing for their preservation. I realize that is over 10 years off but they do not want to be late to the game, though kind of already are!

At least they came out big, claiming the performance market and hosting a massive send off to the Hemi over the next year+. PS: they will still have performance ICE vehicles with the 6-cylinder Hurricane, just not a V8.

I know a lot of people revolt at the notion of climate change, I do as well. But my perspective of the EV is it is simply progress. Inevitable evolution. Because it truly is, just like cell phones replacing rotary dial land lines, or computers replacing calculators, etc. Sure, I love my big V8 powered Challenger and plan to keep it for another 20 years or more. But I think EV is what's next and look forward to it. Honestly, I wish I could live long enough to own a flying car but that is very doubtful.

Marty

Stunning car. I can only imagine how perfect it would be with a HEMI drivetrain. Unfortunately, it's an EV so it's not for me. I don't care how fast it is. I'll just try to keep the Muscle cars I have. :wrenching:

By the way, I might be convinced of the climate change scam when John Kerry dumps his Gulfstream and EV battery stock. :yes:

moparx5

cliamte change hahahahaha
a meteor hits a platet causes a dust cloud that blocks out the sun from  fallout causes an ice age,,,, now let me think about this if i put an ice cube on the table it melts slowly and speeds up as it gets smaller  hhhmmm how big is was that ice cube a million years ago? im gal CA has all the answers
anyone interested in some bald 295/50 15s  ?

Marty

Steve Magnante makes an interesting comment at 7:50

Scooter

Quote from: chargerdon on August 24, 2022, 12:11:08 PM

No one likes a bitter tasting medication...NO ONE including me!!!   Being told/forced by our governments (and the US government is just one of many)  is a huge Bitter Pill to swallow.   Yep, it is..    Now our scientists have been telling us for more than 50 years that if we dont slow down drastically the increase in CO2 in our atmosphere that the Earths is changing and global warming in another 20-80 years will cause dramatic changes to the worlds climate and that those climate change can produce horrific results in terms of tidal waves, blizzards, tornadoes etc.   

Rubbish...they don"t know shit them scientists...hell they want me to take medicine that tastes bad without any proof that i need it.   I simply dont believe them communists and point out that we had an ice age thousands of years ago before man even populated the earth...heck nothing we puny humans can affect the atmosphere.   RIGHT ??????   

GROW UP...   its a bitter medicine that we HAVE to take for our children's and grandchildren's sake !!!    OK so will switching to BEV really help the situation?   Yes, producing electricity in a power plant is way more efficient than burning fuel in a ICE car.   A nuclear, or hydro or solar plant produces ZERO CO2.    I live in NC where there have been dozens of solar power fields produced in the last ten years.   One is 4 miles away from me and according to its Owners produces on a sunny day enough electricity to fully power the small town of Angier, NC where it is located and here in NC the sun shines most of the time !!    Ask the city of Los Angeles if the smog hanging over the city is real   (ive seen it) and hasnt it improved over the last 10 years with the increased emissions control systems!!   Ive seen recent photos as well.   its improved

Wrong...they have proof...you just wont listen to it because that bitter pill will cost you money !!      Still don't believe in all this bullshit the scientists are telling us????   ...let me ask just one more question...   IF i and the scientists are wrong then the worst thing that happens is that we start driving BEV cars in the next ten years and we can always switch back to ICE cars in the future.   BUT, do you really want to ignore your grandchildrens right to live and continue to pollute if their right?????  If their right by the time many of you admit it...it will be too late. 

PS...im not giving up my 74 gas guzzling challenger no matter what...  but, then i only drive it about 300-400 miles a year.   

Man made global warming is a scam.. end of story.

What's the worst that could happen if we all blindly adopt the cult of warming's anti people agenda? Plenty. It's already happening if you are paying attention... and it's not good.

What are we on.. like the 5th anniversary of only 10 years left to save the world from thermogeddon?

PT Barnum was right.

Go buy an EV if it makes you feel good about yourself... heck... plaster your roof with solar and set up a bird chopper farm on the back 50 for all I care.

But don't for a second expect me to believe any of that is actually good for the environment. Matter of fact... they are far worse for mamma earth than the clean coal power plants. Mining and refining those rare earth minerals and metals used in the batteries.. windmill gennies and solar panels is a real ecological disaster. What happens to all those non recycle-able solar panels once their output drops? Off to the landfill... awesum! Can't wait for that cobalt to get into the ground water.

Throwing untold trillion$ at trying to control a global climate that man has an insignificant impact on will go down in history as one of the biggest wastes of resources ever.

Al gore and the rest of the snake oil salesmen lining their pockets with your good intentions thank you for their billion$.

I agree. Grow up.... and admit you've been conned.

whitsend

Quote from: chargerdon on August 24, 2022, 12:11:08 PM

I'm sure your reply was to me even though you didn't mention my post. You go ahead and believe what you want and I'll tell you to GROW UP too. We have a difference of opinion that no one can prove. These so called scientist are paid very highly to voice their opinions and why would they want their income to go away. It's very popular to believe global warming is happening. Maybe it is maybe it's not . Just because someone is getting paid to say it is, doesn't mean Squat to me. So go on with your rant. I'll be laughing at you.

MoparCarGuy

Worth noting that there is no consensus on climate change other than the climate is always changing.
https://climatechange.procon.org/
http://www.oism.org/pproject/
http://www.petitionproject.org/
You can find ten times as many articles, front-loaded to your search engine results, touting climate change is man-made and we must "do something".
You will even find an incredible amount of "fact-checkers" who discount all of the scientists who oppose destroying the world economy for this crisis-of-the-day.
Real answer...FOLLOW THE MONEY. The HVAC and electrical industry have both fully invested in replacing all of your perfectly good equipment with new equipment you do not need. Billions of your taxpayer money have been thrown away on wind and solar projects that are high-maintenance and have a short lifespan.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world pollutes more than ever while the U.S. is burdened with paving the future with your tax dollars.
Russia, China, and our other major competitors will let us sink our economy without blinking an eye. Goodbye Capitalism, it was a good ride while it lasted.

blown motor

Quote from: MoparCarGuy on August 29, 2022, 05:46:11 PM
Billions of your taxpayer money have been thrown away on wind and solar projects that are high-maintenance and have a short lifespan.

Solar projects that are high maintenance? I don't know where you're getting your information from but you better fact check that one.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: blown motor on August 29, 2022, 07:50:25 PM
Billions of your taxpayer money have been thrown away on wind and solar projects that are high-maintenance and have a short lifespan.

Solar projects that are high maintenance? I don't know where you're getting your information from but you better fact check that one.
You may be thinking of small solar installations for homeowners. Those systems are not maintenance-heavy.

I am referring to large solar projects. All large solar projects require Operations & Maintenance contracts to maintain the systems. The government subsidizes these projects and the system owner accounts for the life-cycle cost of system maintenance. That maintenance is primarily for the cleaning of the panels and repair of failed components, e.g. power inverters, storage batteries, tracking motors, and micro-cracked panels due to thermal expansion/contraction or broken panels due to storm/hail damage. Cleaning can be up to twice daily in areas with snow and as a little as monthly in areas with pollen, dust, dirt, bird waste, etc. Also, do not forget maintaining the ingress/egress roads, security fencing, mowing the grass, property tax, and other less obvious costs.  All of these maintenance costs impact the return on investment and, without government subsidies, would dissuade any prudent business from investing in solar technology. Those companies that go all-in put higher value on public relations than sound business practices.

This source has identified most of the O&M costs for a typical solar PV plant. https://www.scottmadden.com/insight/solar-photovoltaic-plant-operating-and-maintenance-costs/

torredcuda

Worth noting that there is no consensus on climate change other than the climate is always changing.
https://climatechange.procon.org/
http://www.oism.org/pproject/
http://www.petitionproject.org/
You can find ten times as many articles, front-loaded to your search engine results, touting climate change is man-made and we must "do something".
You will even find an incredible amount of "fact-checkers" who discount all of the scientists who oppose destroying the world economy for this crisis-of-the-day.
Real answer...FOLLOW THE MONEY. The HVAC and electrical industry have both fully invested in replacing all of your perfectly good equipment with new equipment you do not need. Billions of your taxpayer money have been thrown away on wind and solar projects that are high-maintenance and have a short lifespan.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world pollutes more than ever while the U.S. is burdened with paving the future with your tax dollars.
Russia, China, and our other major competitors will let us sink our economy without blinking an eye. Goodbye Capitalism, it was a good ride while it lasted.

This  :iagree:

Los Angeles smog?  :rofl:  I don`t think we had ICE vehicles in 1542? https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-14/smog-a-memo-from-las-past-and-maybe-our-future
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/