Main Menu

New Trophy for Challenger Owner

Started by anlauto, January 11, 2023, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71-440

Joe

Brads70

That's only about 110 MPH ? I'd say it's a pretty safe bet most of us in this forum have driven faster than that at some point in our lives.
Not saying it's a smart thing to do but....

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

7212Mopar

Top speed for a SRT Challenger is over 180 in MPH.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

It would be like doing 112 MPH on a 65 MPH Highway
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Some members may have overlooked that this was in Ontario and registered in kilometres per hour. Good job on the conversion Alan.

jimynick

Quote from: MoparLeo on January 11, 2023, 07:07:49 PM
Down here we do MPH not KPH.

Oh, we know. You didn't really think that indicated speed was really in MPH, did you? There isn't a cruiser in Ontario that'd do 181 mph. Still, that'll get him a roadside seizure, tow, probably a 8-10 day impound, up to a $10,000 fine and likely the cancellation of his insurance with the joy and $$$ when he tries to re-insure the car. Games not worth the candle these days.  :stayinlane:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on January 11, 2023, 06:35:56 PM
That's only about 110 MPH ? I'd say it's a pretty safe bet most of us in this forum have driven faster than that at some point in our lives.
Yup...guilty. There's a reason for the phrase 'young and stupid'. We all were at some point. I went a little faster than that in my '73. Which, safety wise is a lot stupider than doing it in a new Challenger.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7212Mopar

He should had at least done that when cops and other cars are not around. Public roads the way that they get maintained and the junks on them are not the best to go fast. I have seen a refrigerator in the middle of the freeway.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on January 12, 2023, 03:26:39 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 11, 2023, 06:35:56 PM
Yup...guilty. There's a reason for the phrase 'young and stupid'. We all were at some point. I went a little faster than that in my '73. Which, safety wise is a lot stupider than doing it in a new Challenger.
Exact same  here , same year and car even.  :lurking: