Main Menu

New work truck for AGAR....

Started by anlauto, May 31, 2017, 06:11:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

Nice truck for sure, I really like that new grill, it was time for a change.

Timbbuc2

Nice truck but I am waiting for the New Ford Ranger, that's one sharp truck. They sell them in South America but Ford is not sure about bringing them back to USA. But you see on the internet they will be back in 2018. Wait and see.
Get in, I'll drive

soundcontrol

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on June 01, 2017, 03:10:26 PM
Nice truck but I am waiting for the New Ford Ranger, that's one sharp truck. They sell them in South America but Ford is not sure about bringing them back to USA. But you see on the internet they will be back in 2018. Wait and see.

Thats a nice truck Alan!! :yes:
I'm getting a truck also soon, would love a RAM, but they don't sell those here (other than privat importers that are super expensive). And I need something that dosen't take a lot of gas, since I drive a lot and gas here is $6-7 per gallon. 
I tested the VW Amarok, and the Ford Ranger. This is the Ranger model they sell here, it's called Wildtrack. No V8's here though, got 200HP Diesel engine. Wonder if this is the model they will sell in the US.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: soundcontrol on June 01, 2017, 03:40:31 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on June 01, 2017, 03:10:26 PM

Thats a nice truck Alan!! :yes:
I'm getting a truck also soon, would love a RAM, but they don't sell those here (other than privat importers that are super expensive). And I need something that dosen't take a lot of gas, since I drive a lot and gas here is $6-7 per gallon. 
I tested the VW Amarok, and the Ford Ranger. This is the Ranger model they sell here, it's called Wildtrack. No V8's here though, got 200HP Diesel engine. Wonder if this is the model they will sell in the US.
Thats the one that is sold in South America, and that is the color I want. Ford keeps saying it is coming back but who knows. :thinking:
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

My dad had a few Ford Rangers over his lifetime and if Ford brings it back my brother will most likely carry on that tradition.   Neat looking little rig.   :yes:

soundcontrol

A car magazine did a big test here, the Ranger is good, but the Amarok came in first in the test. I drove both, the Amarok is bigger, but felt a bit sluggish compared to the Ranger. I'm torn between the 2 now. I drive a VW Tiguan SUV now, the quality of that car is very good.

VW Amarok.

Marc70challenger

My son in Barrie has same thing except it's a 2016. Nice trucks!

Our truck we got a few years ago. I know it's a Ford. Lol.   But it pulls like a mule.

soundcontrol

Got my truck yesterday, tested the Ranger and the VW Amarok again, but then decided on a Toyota truck, it just drove nicer and more comfortable than the Ranger, the new Amarok with a V6 diesel is more powerful but also way more expensive. The Toyota has the weakest engine out of the 3 but it still feels more alert to drive. I guess the less power will show if I try to pull big trailers, but I rarely do.... and the gas milage is good on it. I'm happy with it.
Also got a LED ramp that I'm gonna mount in the front. The dealer wanted a ridiculous amount of money for that option so I got one to mount myself.

anlauto

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE !!!!!!! :pullinghair:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

All of those trucks are available in Panama & all with diesel engines ,
Personally I hate the look of the new Toyota , it looks so front heavy with the front wheels almost under the doors , I would never buy one as the parts prices are rediculous  :alan2cents:
Never could understand the Powerstroke Diesel either , 10 MPG ?? I used to drive Tractor trailer & dump trucks & I could get 6-7 mpg pulling 50,000 - 80,000 lb loads witha 14lt engine how can a pick up only be getting 10-11 .
I will stick with Dodge / Cummins !

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on September 12, 2017, 07:33:42 AM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE !!!!!!!

Gas @ $7,50 per gallon, and a Dodge truck costs over 100k here. Thats whats wrong with me.
This one gets 30 mpg and cost s 50k.

anlauto

Wow our gas is $4.50 per gallon and I thought that was bad :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

I won't tell you what the price of that Toyota is here  :-X