Main Menu

Revolution = Sign Me Up !

Started by anlauto, January 14, 2023, 04:12:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

@dodj  It,s the dash and steering column that I am wondering about,  :alan2cents:

70vert

Seems overly gimmicky, but I know its a prototype and they need to fan interest. There are definitely some handy extras but I'd be concerned about their hardiness in a truck and how expensive to fix/replace. I prefer trucks to be trucks, without the frill and definitely without 3 rows of seats!!!

dodj

Quote from: JS29 on January 17, 2023, 02:21:04 PM
@dodj  It,s the dash and steering column that I am wondering about,  :alan2cents:
Oh...I thought it must be something about shorting out the batteries or something.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mixup7071

This is hard to believe there was a news story that said a man bought a Ford lightning truck, the battery die , for some reason it was not under warranty and they told him to replace it would cost 26 thousand dollars , he couldn't afford that so the truck sits

anlauto

Yea, like all things, the production model is not as flashy
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: Mixup7071 on February 19, 2023, 07:25:19 AM
This is hard to believe there was a news story that said a man bought a Ford lightning truck, the battery die , for some reason it was not under warranty and they told him to replace it would cost 26 thousand dollars , he couldn't afford that so the truck sits

Ha, same story is circulating in my neck of the woods. One of my Mopar buddies actually knows the guy with the truck. I've asked a couple times if there were any updates on his situation and all I get back is, " I haven't talked to him in a long time".

worthywads

Quote from: Jay Bee on February 19, 2023, 10:44:39 AM
Quote from: Mixup7071 on February 19, 2023, 07:25:19 AM

Ha, same story is circulating in my neck of the woods. One of my Mopar buddies actually knows the guy with the truck. I've asked a couple times if there were any updates on his situation and all I get back is, " I haven't talked to him in a long time".

That sounds more like an urban myth, how could a less than 2 year old vehicle not be under warranty?  Ford certainly doesn't want that bad press.

dodj

Hmm.... something more to that storey I'll bet.  :thinking:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mixup7071

Am I sensing that you might think that this story is not on the up and up, could be unless Ford trying to keep it quiet or the man who own it try to add some up grade that didn't work and made battery go boom , but even after the warranty is over 6 to 8 years, 26 thousand very expensive water pump or......

dodj

Yes,  I was thinking some mod is the issue. 
But whatever the reason,  if battery replacement is 26k..... I'm out.

worthywads

Quote from: Mixup7071 on February 19, 2023, 07:27:02 PM
Am I sensing that you might think that this story is not on the up and up, could be unless Ford trying to keep it quiet or the man who own it try to add some up grade that didn't work and made battery go boom , but even after the warranty is over 6 to 8 years, 26 thousand very expensive water pump or......

Well urban myths usually don't include the actual person, but a friend of a guy that knows the guy........

You'd think it would have to be some serious negligence to boom a battery, but that would explain a warranty rejection.

Ford has stopped production of news Lightnings until some battery issues are worked out.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2023/02/14/ford-f-150-lightning-battery-issue-production/69903422007/