Main Menu

Non MOPAR .... Blue oval question

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, November 21, 2019, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

I need to acquire a compression tester adapter for the new style ford 5.0. 2011 F150 to be exact. This thing has got some LONG threaded plugs. Looked in EBAY / AMAZON... both short on info. And I dont work enuff of these to hit up my Snap-on guy. HF, I did not check, but doubt they would have anything. Anybody know??   :notsure:

ClarkWGrizwald

Most have a flexible length of hose on them and it should reach down there. There is a rubber o- ring on it. You just finger tighten it and spin it over.  Thats the way mine is and I got it from autozone in the loan a tool program. $20

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

BIGSHCLUNK

Yes I know how they work  (have several for other applications). These newer fords have very fine plug threads.  Looking to buy one. Nobody seems to know if the ones for the 4.6 / 5.4  will work. I don't wanna join a ford forum to find out  :o

ClarkWGrizwald

I have a 2012 boss 302. Last I changed plugs, they were just regular plugs. I don't recall them being fine thread.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Brads70

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on November 21, 2019, 07:59:25 PM
Yes I know how they work  (have several for other applications). These newer fords have very fine plug threads.  Looking to buy one. Nobody seems to know if the ones for the 4.6 / 5.4  will work. I don't wanna join a ford forum to find out  :o

:thinking:   maybe go on rock auto and look up spark plugs for the one your concerned about and see if they give the specs for the thread? Most I believe are 14mm x 1.25. That;s the tap I carry for small engine threads?