Main Menu

Not a good day for the Challenger

Started by Brads70, June 23, 2022, 11:59:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 28, 2022, 09:00:18 PM
Quote from: blown motor on June 28, 2022, 07:34:30 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on June 28, 2022, 11:22:35 AM
The wife suggested that now would be a good time to consider a colour change if I wanted. So on the way up to Algonquin she looked up 1970 Colour charts but can't think of another  colour I like better? Maybe go mango?

From someone with an outside view I would say think long and hard about that. That car in that colour is synonymous with you. You two are legendary!  8)

Exactly my sentiments stated perfectly by @blown motor

AGREED!

of course I like the green, so that would be an easy choice for me.  I imagine with that color in new shiny paint it would look amazing.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho

I would seriously consider Sassy grass green , it is a richer color

7212Mopar

I think black looks great in a restomod Challenger. Bad to the bone.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

I'm cautiously optimistic. Insurance adjuster just left and said a complete paint job, new rim , bumper, trim etc... and will leave it open in case something else arises. He said tire might have a broken belt etc... he also said me paying a deductible didn't seem right and he would look into that as well. Turns out we know each other from my racing days! Small world so it seems!  :banana:
So far  :bradsthumb: up for Hagerty! 

autoxcuda

Quote from: Brads70 on July 04, 2022, 11:28:34 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic. Insurance adjuster just left and said a complete paint job, new rim , bumper, trim etc... and will leave it open in case something else arises. He said tire might have a broken belt etc... he also said me paying a deductible didn't seem right and he would look into that as well. Turns out we know each other from my racing days! Small world so it seems!  :banana:
So far  :bradsthumb: up for Hagerty!

Great news !!

We had a total loss under Hagerty. Our car parked and hit by an elderly person that didn't take their meds.

Adjuster was really thorough and did research. Totally different experience that with traditional newer car insurance   

PS: My vote is for Sublime like you had before. As an ode to the Posey car. Maybe consider a black Challenger side stripe like he ran if you'd like the change things up?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Dakota

My 2 cents on color is sublime as well.  My motives are entirely selfish: I wouldn't recognize your icon if it were a different color.  My brain is still twisted by gomangoboys switching to FC7.  I must be getting older.   :smile:

torredcuda

Good news Brad  :ohyeah:  Sounds like you and autoxcuda got really good adjusters - unlike my Hagerty experience.  :bricks:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Brads70

Got my new rim installed yesterday. First time I had driven it since the accident. Went over to my buddy Mikes place and using a slide hammer pulled out the quarter/wheel well  as there was a slight rub when going over a good bump. Lots of work ahead..... :Thud:  Big job painting the whole car. It's going to get a whole lot uglier before it gets pretty again.
Took this picture, thought it looked cool. 2022 or 1972?  Road Runner in background is supposed to be pretty rare, real Hemi car  :bigmoney: The owner " Jordan" has quite a few Hemi cars and lots of other nice Mopars. Said he has 4 cars at Mark Worman's shop getting restored. Different "snack bracket" than me for sure!
Now to burn off the full tank of fuel before it goes in for paint work to begin.... :burnout:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration