Main Menu

Nutjobs Trying To Steal A Hellcat Charger

Started by 700 AKN, February 02, 2024, 11:09:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

700 AKN

Just watched this video tonight.  In this crazy world you never know who might be watching from a distance waiting to pounce.
Day or night we all need to stay on guard. Stay safe out there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hellcat/comments/1agrvuh/stay_alert/url]

Jay Bee

Geez, they even shot at the guy. In the comments one said he circles his street if he sees the same car behind him after 2 turns. Another guy didn't even bother replacing his Camaro SS and yet his old Volvo got ransacked a couple weeks after the theft.

Hope those a$$holes don't return to try again or for revenge on the owner.

JH27N0B

I live in the Chicago area and it's been getting out of hand here for sure with carjackings.  I'm in the suburbs and felt safe, but in the last few years carjackings have been happening in my town too.  In late '22 one morning I was trying to motivate myself to get out of bed at 6 after my clock radio woke me.  I heard some pops and thought that sounds like gunshots.
Later I found out someone a few blocks south of me opened their door to let the dog out, and some skids were trying to steal the neighbors car and took potshots at him when they saw him.  Fortunately they didn't hit him.
I wouldn't buy a late model muscle car due to the risk now.
Doesn't help this state passed a bill eliminating cash bail for most crimes as it's not fair some crooks are poor and can't afford bail yet rich crooks can, or some similar pretzel logic. The inmates run the asylum.
No one will go after my 6 speed manual Dart but I do fear about my Ram 2500.
They've started carjacking people at gas stations recently so be careful when refueling.

BIGSHCLUNK

Someone not far from me got jacked at the carwash.... with two young kids in the backseat! Once the idiots noticed the kids they abandoned the mission.  That was in a "good " area of town. Lucky nobody got hurt. There are areas I never take NIKKI in.... NEVER. But I (you) always need to be aware. And I "carry" besides, but that no guarantee either