34 (60.7%)
Pink cars are for girls only
1 (1.8%)
No man wants to drive a pink car
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: February 14, 2023, 04:56:53 PM

anlauto

My painter just did a EK2 Go Mango 70 Challenger and added a bit of metallic to it....looks great in my opinion :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

My Barracuda is factory EV2 with just a bit of Flip Flop pearl added to the clear, hardly noticeable until the sun hits it just right.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

70_440-6Cuda

Locally there is a cars and coffee I try to hit each month - there is almost always 2 cars that I love seeing there - an unrestored  '69 Hemi GTX the guy inherited from his father in law - super cool car in awesome original condition, and an FM3 Challenger T/A.  The Challenger was purchased by the current owner after years of hounding the previous owner to sell it to him - he only wanted an FM3 car.

Man, I am on the fence on this one - I agree, go to far from center and the field narrows quite a lot; I always pass right over cars with weird stripes, or modern paint jobs as it takes too much away form what I remember as a kid.  For me I would have a hard time choosing a color of my next e-body to buy as I am tired of the orange, purple and lime green - seems every clone is the same.  I think FM3 true to original with the modern drivetrain would have a lot of appeal.

My opinion is you will do both of the things you mentioned, narrow the buyer pool somewhat, but add a level of desirability due to the unique color.  I know for my personal taste I like something a little different to everyone else, and I think in the sea of cookie cutter resto-mod e-bodies asking too much you would do well with the FM3  :alan2cents:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

ragtopdodge

If you are REALLY worried about resale:

black.  No vinyl top.

Didn't one go for $200k recently at BJ?  Or Mecum?

anlauto

Already did a black GenIII Hemi Resto-mod....black just doesn't stand out in a crowd...When I was driving this one around nobody even took a second look  :crying: http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/71PL4-RESTOMOD.html
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Oh I agree...I keep coming back to the comment dodj made "I think a lot of people will go look at an FM3 car and say "wow", "cool"....but not want to own it."
It will made all the modern upgrades my 71 Cuda convertible has, and similar options to the black R/T posted above....only new addition might be a mini tub with a 345 rear tire

I'm not convinced that FM3 is the way to go, but I certainly appreciate everybody's insight, and that's why I'm asking....and with the interest rates rising daily, I can not afford to sit on the car at all, in fact I hope someone buys it now in the planning stage and pays me to build it... :D then the colour wouldn't be my issue :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brads70

So it's an AAR restomod? Cool! Silver with red guts? If your not wanting to do the usual, sublime, hemi orange, or red?

anlauto

That would look nice, but maybe a little too far from the norm... :))

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

700 AKN

I'll just add a side note to this conversation.  When I purchased my AAR back in 1985 I almost backed away because it was yellow.  I was not a fan of yellow on a car, but it grew on me & I'm OK with it now.  If it was F3 Moulin Rouge I likely would not have bought it.  The F3 AAR that just sold at Mecum Auction was a Y07 Canadian car and was just 1 digit off from my vin.  Missed it by that much.

cordodge

Cudajason

Quote from: cordodge on February 03, 2023, 05:08:01 AM
Quote from: dodj on February 02, 2023, 05:03:56 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on February 02, 2023, 03:33:27 PM
So it's an AAR restomod? Cool! Silver with red guts?
@cordodge  would approve

Haha yes I would lol 😁

And you want to talk about a car that drew attention....at Moparfest the crowd around that car was constant! could have been the Hemi, but I think the colour comb helped too!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

So I just returned from the body shop, where, as like I said, it's my body man that wants to paint it pink....I was telling him about this thread and the different opinions....

He said the MAIN reason you want to paint it pink, is because most guys buying a car have to look to their wives for approval....and girls love PINK  :inlove: :haha: :haha: :haha:

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill