Main Menu

Parts wrong again

Started by cudamadd, May 25, 2020, 05:20:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaize

Quote from: anlauto on May 25, 2020, 05:56:15 AM
Okay...I'm officially confused... :huh:

We're talking about the aluminum trim that goes on the tops of the doors ? Correct ? Who the heck sells them "chrome-plated" I've never even heard of that ?
https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/door-top-molding-set-2-pc-70-74-cuda/

Alan, 

I've never seen them for sale myself but I suspect someone is selling these moldings in chrome based on what this gentleman says.  The only time I saw these in chrome was on a white Gran Coupe convertible that was for sale this Fall at the Morgantown PA auto mall.  I assumed the owner had got them chromed to match the diecast pieces by the quarter windows.  After reading this I'm thinking that they may have been bought that way.  While not correct you can't argue that chrome door pieces are more asthmatically pleasing on convertibles than the anodized ones that do not match the quarter window diecast.  If you buff the stainless hard around the back it almost matches the chrome but not quite. 

Mike Afflerbach

anlauto

Yea Mike I certainly agree with you on the convertible set-up, chrome would look way better.
I too, have seen them chrome plated before, but never thought someone would sell reproductions that way.... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ns1aar

So who makes a good set?

cudamadd

Got my money back .I have do re ordered them from OER

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon