Main Menu

Personal Tragic Occurrence

Started by chargerdon, December 17, 2019, 09:05:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

chargerdon

Over the last three years i had developed a close friendship with a car and golf lover.   His name was Charles Lejambre.   Together we changed the camshaft in my engine.   Pulled the engine and after a total new block rebuild reinstalled it.  He loaned me his engine hoist to do this.

I helped him pull the engine and upgrade the camshaft in his 2006 Pontiac GTO.   I also helped him rebuild both engines on his twin engine 1960 vintage Beechcraft airplane.  Recently he loaned me his transmission jack, and was going to help me install the A518 into my 74 Challenger.  Recently he had ordered a supercharger for his GTO and together we were going to install it in his garage. 

We played golf together numerous times over the past 2 1/2 years...  Heck Chairlie even flew his plane along with two other guys to Myrtle Beach from Raleigh for a round of golf, dinner and a fantastic trip.  A great guy car lover, golf lover and close friend.   

Yesterday, while on the golf course he had an apparent heart attack and past away.   He will be missed in many many ways !   Charlie here is to you, hoping you have many hole-in-one up there, and that your GTO runs into the 11's in the 1/4 mile.

Sometimes, life just isn't fair !!

anlauto

Yup...that sucks....at least it sounds as if your friend was living life to the fullest... :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes life sucks.

Brads70

Sorry to hear this, tough one especially at this time of the year. My condolences.  :sorry:

MEK-Dangerous

I'm sorry for your loss.

At least he went out doing something he loved. At the same time though, it had to be a horrible experience for you.

YellowThumper

Sorry for your and his families loss.
Yup life is not always fair.
Kinda touches home with me. Recently found out I have a serious heart issue. Only 58 slim and assumed healthy.
Genetics play a huge part.

Back to Charles. If he had family I wish them well.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Sorry for your loss Don
My condolences.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

js27

Very Sorry for you loss. Being at Deaths door myself twice in the last 7 years due to a bad heart valve and again from a  widow maker heart attack I can relate. I got two chance at a new life while my father died shoveling snow many years ago from a massive heart attack--Why do some people get a second chance and some people do not ? I have wondered that my whole life. That is just life. I feel that when the times comes that is the best way to leave this earth. I have watched friends and relatives die from cancer. Suffered for months and even years in some cases. Death can be very painful. Knowing your friend did not suffer should help console you. Although it is much harder on the living, losing a loved one fast and unexpected. It is much easier for the deceased. Prayers for you and his family.
JS27

Cuda Cody

Chryco Psycho

None of us know how long we have , sounds like the best way to go , fast & doing what you love to do . My condolences for your loss Don  :andyangel:

Jay Bee

very sorry to hear of the loss loss of your friend.  :( 

chargerdon

Thanks everyone...   Yeah... he went fast doing something he loved... i only hope when my time comes (hopefully not for many many years) that i go the same way.   Still...it sucks !!

JS29

floorit426

That's a very nice write up. One can only hope that they have someone, like you, who can articulate their feelings, when it's their time to go.

Challenger in NC

Sorry to here about your friend Don.