Main Menu

Indy Mecum Auction

Started by JH27N0B, May 20, 2022, 02:51:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Driving down to Indy for the auction has become an annual pilgrimage for me and this year was no different.  As usual a mind blowing collection of cars there!  They were advertising 3000 cars.  I am sure I missed seeing some, but at any rate here are the pictures I took.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72177720299124258

edit- just noticed my post count after I posted.  My favorite year car-wise!

Rich G.

Nice looking stuff there. Thanks

70vert

great pics, thanks for posting!

jordan

That is an unbelievable amount of quality rare and cool cars.   The range of cars is so much more than MCACN. 
     Great photos!  Thanks for posting.
     I really should go to a sale sometime just to look. How is it at a sale?  Like a car show environment, or is it different because everyone is spending money? 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

JH27N0B

Quote from: jordan on May 20, 2022, 05:42:52 PM
That is an unbelievable amount of quality rare and cool cars.   The range of cars is so much more than MCACN. 
     Great photos!  Thanks for posting.
     I really should go to a sale sometime just to look. How is it at a sale?  Like a car show environment, or is it different because everyone is spending money?
These auctions are a dynamic environment unlike a car show. Cars are on display but then a bunch get moved to staging.  Others get moved after running through the auction to wait to get picked up by the buyer or to bid goes on.
The most prime cars get displayed in the best buildings.  One building at Indy was like a museum with dozens of vintage race cars, Yenko and Nickey Chevies, some hemi cars including the hemi Daytona that sold for 1.3M.
The more pedestrian cars are in big top tents.
Lots of spectators, you can watch the actual auction from a spectator area. 
This auction had a Dodge thrill ride going on, it was raining this year but last year I took a ride.
I only go for a day with a 7 hour round trip drive therefore only get to spend 5-6 hours trying to see as much as possible.
Indy and Kissimmee Mecum are huge.  I go to the Chicago one since it's 5 miles from my house, but it's just a fraction of what Indy is.  Half as many cars, much less high end stuff.

Brads70

Lots of nice iron there! Love the Sunoco gas pump too!  Thanks for sharing this! :bradsthumb:

6bblgt

:twothumbsup:  you even got a pic of an old Ford I owned  :-X

anlauto

Well we now know the MOPAR TRUTH.....$1.25 MILLION will buy you ONE Hemi Daytona... OR ..EIGHTEEN Pace Car Corvettes... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration