Main Menu

Picture of the day

Started by Chryco Psycho, May 15, 2018, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bentpshrods

Thought these were pretty cool. Just takes a little imagination.          :takepicture:

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: bentpshrods on November 14, 2022, 08:47:29 AM
   Thought these were pretty cool. Just takes a little imagination.          :takepicture:

Very cool!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

anlauto

Quote from: bentpshrods on November 14, 2022, 08:47:29 AM

Yea..those are neat  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

When raising minimum wages to exorbitant levels are still not sufficient enough for those who care less for others...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

Quote from: YellowThumper on November 27, 2022, 04:25:31 PM
When raising minimum wages to exorbitant levels are still not sufficient enough for those who care less for others...

This is a pet peeve of mine...it's happening around here too....It's like nobody in the Government knows how math works...

Giving low-income workers a raise is a great idea...everybody like more money... :bigmoney:

The idea behind it is because they cannot afford to buy things considered necessities .... So if a company like McDonalds has to give all their employees a raise, guess how they counteract that ? They raise their prices of their items for everybody...So, the monetary raise means nothing when the cost of living goes up at the same time ? :looney:

Some people are under the impression that all the companies that have to give their employees a mandatory wage increase will just take that money out of their profits....GUESS AGAIN....why do you see the cost of everything raising  :takemymoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on November 27, 2022, 06:31:23 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on November 27, 2022, 04:25:31 PM

This is a pet peeve of mine...it's happening around here too....It's like nobody in the Government knows how math works...

Giving low-income workers a raise is a great idea...everybody like more money... :bigmoney:

The idea behind it is because they cannot afford to buy things considered necessities .... So if a company like McDonalds has to give all their employees a raise, guess how they counteract that ? They raise their prices of their items for everybody...So, the monetary raise means nothing when the cost of living goes up at the same time ? :looney:

Some people are under the impression that all the companies that have to give their employees a mandatory wage increase will just take that money out of their profits....GUESS AGAIN....why do you see the cost of everything raising  :takemymoney:

Don't want to take this thread of topic, but yes...
Raising minimum is temporary improvement at best.
Minimum wage earners do not have savings. So every penny earned is put back into economy. Raised minimum immediately deposits more money into economy thru the spending. Then in short order everything else gets more expensive.  Thus negating the gains.
Economic balance restores itself.

Mike.

HP2

Of course we have inflation because we all have Central Banks who loan the government money. If Congress would manage the money supply, as is part of their original charter, we could quite borrowing it from the Federal Reserve, which is not a government entity.

dodj

Just to get the thread back on topic....lol
Saw this on instagram..thought it was cool
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

I have that sign in my garage, I like it...

HP2

Neat repop. Newspaper ads back in the day were rarely ever done in color.

Here is an original I found in my house when doing some remodeling.

YellowThumper

Hawaii a couple days ago

Mike.

blown motor

It looks like a scene out of some dinosaur movie.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Quote from: blown motor on December 25, 2022, 08:29:16 AM
It looks like a scene out of some dinosaur movie.

And now for an entirely different perspective...lol

Mike.

YellowThumper

@blown motor
Funny on your comment because in the same area looking inward my wife commented this looks like a CSI nightmare.

Mike.