Main Menu

Please identify these parts

Started by Jay Bee, May 06, 2021, 09:04:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

As I look through boxes I always come across stuff I don't know what they're for, opinions welcome.

1. Power steering hose
2. Plastic step washer (2 different diameters)
3. Metal washer with an internal tab
4. Spongy foam discs

Have at it team

YYZ

If the discs in #4 are thin foam, they may be for wiper pivots.

The #3 washer with the tab appears to be for holding your wheel bearings in place (goes between the outer bearing and the big nut on the spindle)

anlauto

#4 reminds me of those old crappy "body gasket" kits from the late 80's early 90's they use to include foam gaskets like that intended for the rear bumper bracket bolts I believe  :crazytalk:

#3 is a spindle washer as Vlad stated

#2 is hard to find, it's the bushing for the floor shifter OR even harder to find, the 70 only column lock-out rod bushing

#1 is a PS hose of some sort, doesn't look like E Body to me.....BUT I've been known to be wrong in the past  :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

I think you're right about #4.  Those early body gasket kits were dreadful — thank goodness Jim F started up Detroit Muscle Technologies.

Jay Bee

Thanks guys. I knew that wasn't an ebody power steering hose, was hoping someone would know what car it was for. I should have known #3, brain fart.

RJChallenger

On item #1  is there a 7 digit number stamped on  metal crimping of either end of the hose? And item #4. the  bucket seat  hinge bolt has a large flat metal washer that sits against the lower seat covers.  I used these foam gaskets to protect my new Legendary seat covers.

Jay Bee

No numbers on the metal ends.
The hose has 2993B, 3/8, &  4783 on it.