Main Menu

Posting Help

Started by js27, December 19, 2018, 09:03:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

Can someone explain how you take someone elses post and then repost it on your post. I see it all the time and it is always highlighted in blue. I can copy and paste but not sure how to do the blue highlighted block. Cut me a break I am old and computers and all this fancy stuff is my downfall--LOL.
JS27

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: js27 on December 19, 2018, 09:03:12 AM
Can someone explain how you take someone elses post and then repost it on your post. I see it all the time and it is always highlighted in blue. I can copy and paste but not sure how to do the blue highlighted block. Cut me a break I am old and computers and all this fancy stuff is my downfall--LOL.
JS27

Up where it says "Reply" there is a second tab that says "Quote"... Hit that...

Jay Bee

JS27
When you hit "Reply" scroll down to "Topic Summary". when you find what you want to "repost" you'll see an "Insert Quote"  dialogue to the right, just click that and that post will be included. If you click it before you type it'll be at the top of your post. If you click it after your typing it'll be below your post. Hope this helps.  Edit - looks like Randy and I were typing at the same time.

BIGSHCLUNK

I think were all in the same "club" here. No worries took me a little to figure a few things too.  :Thud:

js27

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on December 19, 2018, 09:16:21 AM
I think were all in the same "club" here. No worries took me a little to figure a few things too.  :Thud:

Simple enough--Okay Got it--Thank You All
JS27

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 19, 2018, 09:12:32 AM
JS27

When you use this feature, make sure you scroll down in the text box and type your reply after the last ([/quote]) otherwise your reply ends up in the blue box as well :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on December 19, 2018, 10:11:18 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 19, 2018, 09:12:32 AM
JS27

When you use this feature, make sure you scroll down in the text box and type your reply after the last ([/qoute]) otherwise your reply ends up in the blue box as well :alan2cents:   LIKE THIS
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration