Main Menu

73 roadrunner question

Started by cuda hunter, April 07, 2017, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I thought someone on here might know the answer to this.  Figured I would try here before going over to fbbo.

What size tires came on a 73 340 road runner.  ?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ec_co

Standard tires were F70-14 bias-belted; G70-14 bias-belted were optional, as were G60-15 bias-belted. The 14-inch Rallye road wheel was standard on the Road Runner (the trim ring was an extra-cost option) and 15-inch Rallye road wheels were optional. A 14-inch chrome-trimmed Magnum 500-style road wheel was also optional.

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

wanderlustin

Wow I never realized that trim rings were extra cost items on Road Wheels.  I wonder if it was always that way or it started later?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JS29

I was told that early magnum 500 wheels were chrome and did not have trim rings. some time in 1970 they changed to painted wheels. those would have trim rings.  :alan2cents:

6bblgt

IIRC the '73 Road Runner was the first b-body that had the "RALLYE" wheels STANDARD & trim rings OPTIONAL

the last year for the all chrome "ROAD" wheel was 1968 - all newer ones had an included trim ring & satin spokes (AKA "MAGNUM 500")