Main Menu

protecting your ride

Started by Gizmo327, August 26, 2019, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I have a hidden electric fuel pump switch, and a battery switch in the trunk. Mind you that is mainly to keep my 3 sons from being " tempted" if a car thief wants it they will get it. I have mine insured for quite a bit! They are likely not going to start it and alert you with the noise, it's more likely a flatbed tow truck.....

nsmall

I would steal 73 Challenger if I ever had a chance.

70 Challenger Lover

Both of my Challengers are 1970 4 speeds with the reverse lock out. So many people disable these that we forget about that feature. I laugh at how many car guys get in them and can't quite figure it out, even Mopar guys. That in combination with other stuff like a club goes a long way to deterring someone. I don't leave my cars in unattended for long either. Car show sure but not in some dark parking lot overnight.

Burdar

QuoteI would steal 73 Challenger if I ever had a chance. 

:haha: :rofl: @nsmall Aw...thanks buddy.  That's nice!  :))

318Stroker

Quote from: WCC on August 27, 2019, 02:12:43 PM
Quote from: 318Stroker on August 27, 2019, 12:16:12 PM
Quote from: Burdar on August 27, 2019, 08:23:35 AM
Mine's an ugly, undesirable 73 so I don't have to worry about someone wanting to steel it.

I feel your pain! I get tired of my 73 Challenger being called a "bad year Challenger," and that's one of the nicer terms I hear...  :verymad:

I'm sure your enjoyment of it is not linked to what others think, so who cares just as long as you enjoy it. :cheers:

:cheers:You are absolutely correct! I love the looks of the 72-74 Challengers, and Cudas. I have a few Mopar friends that like the car a lot, but do like to good-naturedly rib me occassionally. All in good fun!