Main Menu

Proud dad - 1 Year and 358 days.

Started by YellowThumper, January 14, 2021, 01:00:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Gotta post excitement about my daughter...
With only a couple games left of her HS senior basketball season. She (Casey) blew out her knee. ACL and Meniscus.
2 surgeries and 2 rehabs later. She is now cleared to hit the courts again!
HS was a nationally ranked team. Already has signed a scholarship. It remained intact. Time and ready to repay their generosity.

Felt I needed to share.
Thanks for listening...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

MEK-Dangerous

The best of luck to her!   She's been through a lot already.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

73_Cuda_4_Me

73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Moosefire66

Congrats!

I blew out my acl and medial meniscus in hs as well. Not a fun recovery but it was doable. Glad to hear she's back at it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JS29

Dakota

CudaMoparRay

jimynick

Nice to see your daughter's making a recovery! I know what sore knees are like and I hope that her BB days are over and that her knees last her the rest of her lifetime.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda_mark

Nice! Where will she be playing her college ball? I live 5 miles from the Women's NCAA basketball mecca at UConn.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 15, 2021, 05:18:31 AM
Nice! Where will she be playing her college ball? I live 5 miles from the Women's NCAA basketball mecca at UConn.

Thank you all......
@Cuda_mark she chose to stay close to home in Fullerton SoCal. Hope international university.
Had plenty of looks and lengthy follow ups. But got bored with the bs. In the end she decided to step back and go small. Level is NAIA. Several of her close league competitors and teammates signed D1 scholarships.
All of them she could play circles around. This statement coming from a father who cared nothing about basketball until she started it on her own. Her game. Her drive.
She does follow the UConn team closely.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

davy442

Congratulations !!!!

Yes, nothing gives you a better feeling than watching your child accomplish their goal and succeed  through hard work and determination !!!