Main Menu

Proud Father Momment!

Started by Cudajason, August 18, 2018, 06:22:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Jas, that is awsome to hear. I somewhat understand the proud. My daughter 15@ the time won the California D1 state championship with her basketball team. All while keeping her grades at 4.0 level. Soooooo proud of her and happy for the ride you guys get to have with her.
Can only imagine international level.

Yes post some pics please.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

zazou

Top ! Encouraged From  :france:

Bonzai !!!
Plymouth Cuda 1973 - Normandie-France

xx88man

Congratulations. What an amazing experience for her and for your family!
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

U go kic sum azz gurl............ :deadhorse:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Congrats again Jason. Now you' need the "My daughter competed in Rio and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" t-shirt

ZEN357

Congrats to your Daughter and your family!!! :woohoo:

YellowThumper

Quote from: Jay Bee on August 20, 2018, 06:53:06 AM
Congrats again Jason. Now you' need the "My daughter competed in Rio and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" t-shirt

LOL...

Mike.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Thanks for all comments guys.

If you are interested here is an article in our local paper about my daughter.

https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/community-story/8848896--wrecking-ball-looking-to-plow-into-competition-at-pan-am-karate-championships/

Murray the report is there are in Rio safe and sound.

Today there went on a tour of the Christ the Redeemer statue...I hear it was awesome.

The competition starts on Wednesday.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

YellowThumper

Again, very cool..

Are her matches going to be streaming so you can see them?

Mike.

Cudajason

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 20, 2018, 08:06:54 PM
Again, very cool..

Are her matches going to be streaming so you can see them?

I hope so!!!  We are still truing to figure that out!!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Spikedog08

That's fantastic and real exciting!  I would be proud as well . . .  :twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cudajason

Hey guys!

A quick update, my wife and daughter are on the way back home, or at least at the airport in Rio.

The tournament went very well for my daughter, not in the usual sense, she lost both of her matches, but she gained a lot of experience, got to see a beautiful par to the world, made new friends, and got to spend a week with her mom.  Given this was her first international competition, that was all that was expected.

I did not get to see her matches, the live stream sucked, but my wife texted me through out.  She face the eventual champion in the first match, and although held her own lost 8 -0.

Her sec on match, she fared a little better, although she lost 3 -1, she came very close to scoring several times and was not at all over matched.  Scoring a point at this level, is an accomplishment. 

At the end of the day, she met all the goals her and her sensei set, so a success all around.

They did manage to get some sight seeing in on the first day there and went to see the Christ Redeemer stature.  They both said it was amazing.

Jason   

YellowThumper

Thanks for the update. She has (even with losses) now accomplished and experienced more than 99% of the other girls out there will ever in their lifetimes.

:bradsthumb:

Mike.

Cudajason

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 26, 2018, 09:44:18 PM
Thanks for the update. She has (even with losses) now accomplished and experienced more than 99% of the other girls out there will ever in their lifetimes.

:bradsthumb:

Yep...hell of an experience. One she will remember the rest of her life.

Of course the flight home may also be one of those...there flight out of Rio was canceled...mechanical issue with plane!  they are rebooked on a flight at 10 pm tomorrow.  Gets them a home a full day later, with an extra stop and two tight layovers.  Oh well hope for better in tomorrow.

Jason