Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

I wonder why Germany have so few deaths?

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2020, 09:43:18 AM
If you take your countries total population and divide it by the current number of Covid-19 deaths....it gets real pretty quick seeing how it only really started 12 weeks ago....and we have a long way to go....

Canada: 35 deaths in 36 million people equals 1 in 1 million  :dunno:

USA: 1054 deaths in 323 million people equals 1 in 306K :'(

Italy: 7500 deaths in 60.6 million people equals 1 in 8080  :o

...and those numbers get worse every minute worldwide  :andyangel:

I don't believe for a minute it only started 3 months ago...
November is now being passed around.
I have a friend that is a dentist. Early to mid 40s. Asian and (assume many Asian clients). He got sick early November with the flu so severe he was hospitalized for weeks. Even after release he requires oxygen.
I as well was horribly sick in early december. Assumed it was the "normal" flu as well.
This thing hit my lungs like a freight train. Couple days of going hmmm I think I am fighting something. Midday I felt it in my lungs and a cough started. By next day I was flat played out. Hardest hit and worst cough I have ever experienced.  I am 58 btw.
As stated I have injection molds built primarily in Shenzhen.  That is only 500 miles from ground zero Wuhan.
I had received many sample part deliveries at that time. They are all air freighted to arrive within 2 days... As is being learned the virus lives longer than that.
I plan on being first in line when the testing comes out for people to learn of past infections.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: Honestly I don't believe anything involving China to have any truth to it.
Sheldon

Topcat

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 26, 2020, 06:49:58 PM

I had the Flu 10/2018. and went to the VA Palo Alto.

It went to Pneumonia right away. Then turned into COPD.
I was able to beat COPD by changing my lifestyle. But it's still there in dormancy.

This Covid 19 would be possibly fatal if I were to acquire it.
So many like me out there just like this. Be safe if you are a respiratory situation.

Brads70

I also was pretty sick around Christmas. and I never get sick usually. Horrible headaches, fever and just down and out for 4-5 days in bed. That's just not me, I usually work thru just about anything. My son was also, can't help but wonder if we already had it?  When I try and search if you can get it again once you have had it. It seems no one knows for sure. A family I know in Peru they all are on a strictly enforced government lockdown for 14 days, they just announced it's extended for another 15 days. 
I still say sitting at home is just prolonging the inevitable as there is no medical solution. It's like a band-aid, rip it off slow or fast. Slow hopefully allows our medical systems to keep up and possibly time to come up with a medical solution. Everyone sitting at home for months on end will just tank our economies . The next month or 2 is not going to be pretty sorry to say. Maybe longer.... I'd say in 6 months from now not very many of us will be able to say we don't know anyone who died from this. It will touch us all.  I hope I'm wrong. It is what it is, no point worrying about what you have no control over.

71-440

Quote from: Topcat on March 26, 2020, 07:23:58 PM

I was able to beat COPD by changing my lifestyle. But it's still there in dormancy.

So many like me out there just like this. Be safe if you are a respiratory situation.

I was diagnosed with COPD in 2017. So I'm in the same boat as you.   
Joe

Topcat

Quote from: 71-440 on March 26, 2020, 08:03:40 PM
Quote from: Topcat on March 26, 2020, 07:23:58 PM

I was diagnosed with COPD in 2017. So I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm pretty sure whatever it was; was an earlier version of the COVID virus.

The coughing and pain was unreal.

7212Mopar

I was out at a local county hospital today working and wearing a mask I picked up from Home Depot years ago. It is supposed to be N95 for construction workers. Sadly many hospital workers don't have anything on them. They simply don't have enough to go around when I asked them. They are rationing for the doctors and nurses that are close to patients. But you are going to have sick people walking in from the front doors and there are other workers in the hospital. These people are also at the front line every day helping others and they are also at risk. We are a Country with the biggest economy, best military and we got this kind of problem. I thought the army has tons of gears in stock to fight against chemical and biological wars and the stockpiles are just sitting somewhere in warehouses.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Mark_B

I've been made redundant from work.  The orders stopped 2 months ago and they can't afford to keep the staff.

I'm self isolating at home with my wife and kids.  There are road blocks everywhere now, the only fun I get is driving my wife to the supermarket in the Challenger.  They can't stop that.
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

Dakota

Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 26, 2020, 09:55:01 PM
They are rationing for the doctors and nurses that are close to patients.

One of my sons is a surgeon in his final year of residency.  The hospital where he works has shut down "elective" procedures, so he's back to working in their trauma unit.   Prior to this virus, on a normal day working in trauma he would go through about 10-15 surgical masks.   With the supply rationing going on now, he is expected to use only one per day.  Not good.

anlauto

Great story... :no:

Fake coronavirus doctor's note from worker closed Hamilton McDonald's

The McDonald's location on Rymal Road closed after an employee faked having the coronavirus, police say.
An 18-year-old Hamilton woman is facing four charges after police say she faked having coronavirus to get out of work.
On March 21, CBC News reported that an employee at the McDonald's location at 20 Rymal Road East tested positive for the novel coronavirus, based on an email statement from a company spokesperson.
As management began working with Ontario Public Health to confirm the case, Hamilton Public Health Services learned of the incident through CBC News.
On March 23, police say it received information from officials about the employee, who handed in the forged medical information four days earlier.
The employee had previously worked on March 15, prompting the franchise to ask customers who were in that day to approach Ontario Public Health if they had any questions.
After receiving the note, the McDonald's restaurant closed, sent all employees home to self-isolate and had professional cleaning services sanitize the store.
"There has been a significant impact on the restaurant, local customers and employees which instigated the need for police involvement," the police release read.
The 18-year-old woman faces four charges:
Mischief over $5000.
Fraud under $5000.
Use a forged document.
Making a forged document.
She is set to appear in court on May 18.

....and so it begins....idiots.....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Quote from: anlauto on March 27, 2020, 06:49:28 AM
Great story... :no:

Fake coronavirus doctor's note from worker closed Hamilton McDonald's

The McDonald's location on Rymal Road closed after an employee faked having the coronavirus, police say.
An 18-year-old Hamilton woman is facing four charges after police say she faked having coronavirus to get out of work.
On March 21, CBC News reported that an employee at the McDonald's location at 20 Rymal Road East tested positive for the novel coronavirus, based on an email statement from a company spokesperson.
As management began working with Ontario Public Health to confirm the case, Hamilton Public Health Services learned of the incident through CBC News.
On March 23, police say it received information from officials about the employee, who handed in the forged medical information four days earlier.
The employee had previously worked on March 15, prompting the franchise to ask customers who were in that day to approach Ontario Public Health if they had any questions.
After receiving the note, the McDonald's restaurant closed, sent all employees home to self-isolate and had professional cleaning services sanitize the store.
"There has been a significant impact on the restaurant, local customers and employees which instigated the need for police involvement," the police release read.
The 18-year-old woman faces four charges:
Mischief over $5000.
Fraud under $5000.
Use a forged document.
Making a forged document.
She is set to appear in court on May 18.

....and so it begins....idiots.....

Moral of this story is that you cannot fix stupid. She is exact reason there are mandatory shutdowns. Stupid cannot be trusted or relied upon to do the proper things.

Mike.

JH27N0B

How about this fine example of a human?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/us/woman-coughed-on-produce-trnd/index.html
And the other night in a nearby town, police arrested a drunk and he then coughed on the officer and said "now you have the virus"
https://wgntv.com/news/dui-driver-screamed-he-had-corona-bacteria-while-coughing-on-officers-in-niles-police-say/
Local authorities are scrambling to release as many non violent offenders from lockup's because the jails are not healthy environments.  May well be, but there is a reason these people need to be off the streets. Idiots....

7212Mopar

Inmates health is more important than the safety of law abiding citizens here in CA thanks to Gavin. We have to deal with criminals and the virus at the same time. They also close down all the gun shops.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket