Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Skid Row

:pokeeye:Have you ever had to start over?

JS29

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JS29 on May 20, 2020, 06:47:36 AM
You meanThe jobs Americans DON'T have to do. You know public assistance, food stamps etc etc etc!   :headbang:

Cut off all the "entitlement" crap & you might find more folks willing to pick fruit & butcher animals...  When I was first out of High School I picked peaches for about two weeks, hard work & you itch constantly, but it was money.... Went I was picking peaches it was mostly a job done by Mexicans but there were a few of us white kids...

anlauto

Just this week our Government announced that everybody should wear a mask when social distancing is challenging.

So I went to the grocery store today, as I do every Saturday, but this time with a mask in my pocket just in case....

Although this particular store is doing a pretty good job limiting numbers and making room for people etc...I was surprised to see ZERO of the store employees wearing masks, and it was maybe 40/60 for customers wearing them with the majority choosing not to, mine stayed in my pocket...

Not sure if masks help....but not a lot of people are too worried about it... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

They require everyone to wear a mask here and for the most part it's working out well.  There have been a few incidents with people refusing and fights ensuing.  Tragically there was even a murder recently in Michigan, where a woman refused to wear a mask in a store, guard threw her out, and her husband and kid then came in the store to go after the guard for "dissing" his old lady and murdered the guard. Proving once again that idiots and animals walk among us.
Some people are making a big stink about it and claiming it's a violation of their rights, but I don't see what the big deal is.  I don't think some understand why they have to, the masks don't protect you from viruses for the most part after all.  The point of wearing a mask is, if you are an asymptomatic carrier, wearing a mask will cut down your spreading the virus a lot.
So stop being so petulant and put on a damn mask when you are out in public!

worthywads

I just got back from Home Depot, 100% masks, guaranteed by security guard at the entrance.  No protesters, just people being safe.

It was obviously busy with the parking lot full, yet there was still plenty of area to keep your distance inside.

kdcarman

Our new world order is going to be fascinating.  I stopped at the local hardware yesterday.  I was waiting in line and of course there are markings on the floor to maintain social distancing.

A woman in line walked up right behind the person in front of her.  The first lady asked the person to move back away.  The woman who moved up took offense and starting yelling at her to stop being rude and get over it. 

Her last line cracked me up:
"I have a bachelors degree, what do you have?" 

anlauto

Surprised the lady didn't turn around and cough on her and say "yea....well I have Covid-19....now you do to... :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

worthywads

Quote from: anlauto on May 23, 2020, 02:42:54 PM
Surprised the lady didn't turn around and cough on her and say "yea....well I have Covid-19....now you do to... :drunk:

That could get you arrested and national media attention.  Or at least a facebook video.

anlauto

Quote from: worthywads on May 23, 2020, 04:27:39 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 23, 2020, 02:42:54 PM

That could get you arrested and national media attention.  Or at least a facebook video.

A viral video  :veryexcited: :veryexcited:

torredcuda

If a store requires customers to wear masks I have the option to wear one and enter the store or not go in - pretty simple. NO need to make a huge deal about it violating my rights.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Quote from: torredcuda on May 25, 2020, 07:19:06 AM
If a store requires customers to wear masks I have the option to wear one and enter the store or not go in - pretty simple. NO need to make a huge deal about it violating my rights.

No Shirt....No Shoes....No mask....NO service.... :idea:

RUNCHARGER

Some businesses have decided to add a Corona Virus charge. I choose not to use them,
Sheldon

anlauto

Yea I saw that too....wait until the Government adds that tax to your paycheck  :o

YellowThumper

Quote from: torredcuda on May 25, 2020, 07:19:06 AM

This is exactly correct and as simple as it gets.
We retain ALL our rights to choose who and where we patronize.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.