Main Menu

Rare, hard to find parts?

Started by Sparxx, November 03, 2019, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Sparxx

I'm just curious as to what some of the rare and hard to fi d parts are for E bodies? I'm obviously anything Hemi. I recently seen a Facebook post for a guy selling a OEM used hood latch for a 70 Challenger for $130 dollars. I thought that was way over priced. Is it? Im new to E bodies and just wondering. I know Mopar parts are more expensive in the first place.

anlauto

The introduction of a lot of reproduction parts over the last ten years has really help us restoring these cars. If you're a real stickler for using "original parts" only, then expect to pay crazy prices for anything NOS....the bulk of the NOS parts have been used up over the years, and there's not a lot left out there.
To make matters worse, 1970 E Bodies have a lot of one year only parts, like a secondary hood latch which is not being reproduced yet, so expect them to be priced high as well, until a reproduction is made
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blake@diyhemi.com

1970/71 Challenger SE/Barracuda Gran Coupe overhead console light
1970 turn signal switch with correct hazard tab
1970 8 track stereo
1970 8 track stereo dash bezel
Clutch pedal switch-all years
Power windows wiring/regulators
1970/71 overhead console low fuel relay
1970/71 Gran coupe vinyl top rear window reveal molding
Cruise control
6 way seat base
Console mounted tape player
Under dash AC trim

Just to name a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Jay Bee

Quote from: Sparxx on November 03, 2019, 07:00:37 PM
I recently seen a Facebook post for a guy selling a OEM used hood latch for a 70 Challenger for $130 dollars. I thought that was way over priced.
In 2017 at Carlisle I saw a couple of those in that price range but they were "restored", more like cleaned up IMO. I guess that price leaves a bit of room for dickering.

js27

You can add original Locking gas caps that go under the flip top.
JS27

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: js27 on November 04, 2019, 06:06:57 AM
JS27

you mean $600 for a fuel cap is to much?

JS29

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 04, 2019, 07:12:48 AM
Quote from: js27 on November 04, 2019, 06:06:57 AM
JS27

you mean $600 for a fuel cap is to much?
Yes!

750-h2

Anything exclusive to the 1970 Challenger SE is hard to find and pricey.

tparker

The rare and hard to find parts I ran into are the rear finishing panel which can cost upwards of $1000 and the Door Belt Molding clips which are unavailable, and over a hundred bucks when they have been remade. I've heard the black rubber for the bumpers are hard to find.

Claudia

Sparxx

Are the old wiper motors worth grabbing from a scrap yard for rebuildable cores?

Cuda Cody

The "077" 1970 and 1971 3 speed wiper motors are getting pretty hard to find so I would grab any that you see at a fair price. 

Quote from: Sparxx on November 05, 2019, 03:39:22 PM
Are the old wiper motors worth grabbing from a scrap yard for rebuildable cores?

72 Challenger

Is there not a ridiculous master cylinder? IT was used on TA's?  Something about number 171?
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

Yup 171 and 191 master cylinders :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

ridiculous would be correct for sure.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee