Main Menu

Registering A Classic In Alabama

Started by Timbbuc2, January 13, 2017, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Although states are different. I wanted to share the process in Alabama. My car has not been on the road since 88, so a past registration was out of the question. I first had a BOS from the seller. Went to the DMV and they said I would need a BOS from the past two owners. SO I got the BOS for the past two owners. Went back to the DMV :pullinghair: and they informed me that they could not accept a BOS from another state (due to wording) So I got a standard BOS from the ALABAMA  DMV, filled it out and the previous owner signed and had it notorized. SO now all is good. I know they have a process to combat stolen vehicles, but it gets old after awhile.
:wrenching:

Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Thanks for sharing.  I've heard some horror stories about getting cars licensed, so glad you got yours done without too much extra trouble.

HP_Cuda

This is precisely why I will not buy a car with just a BOS nor will I buy a salvage title.

Just too much pain involved.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Timbbuc2

True but many states does not give titles for old cars/trucks. BUT if you have registration card then no problem. :iagree:
Get in, I'll drive