Main Menu

Rust Valley Restorers

Started by 70/6chall, May 21, 2020, 04:05:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

One of the better car "restoration" shows, some of the prices thrown around are a bit of a joke but pretty entertaining. Cars seem to go from tear down to BOOM - fully restored without much detail or coverage of the work which is the part I like watching. GYC jumped the shark on factory correct restos and now are more into restomods it seems and also have too much blah, blah , blah and not enough workign on cars.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

soundcontrol

I had a car fall over me when I was young, had jack stands but decided it needed to go a bit higher so I jacked it up, still withe that stands under the car but it was the jack that held it up, it slid off the jack, sideways, stands tipped over and I was lucky that the stand on its side took the hit and I could crawl out of there if I held my breath.
Very careful since then...

RUNCHARGER

I'm not really a hand-hold type of guy but I see lots of safety shortcuts on a lot of shows. I really don't like that because there are tons of kids out there that don't have proper training from their Dad's or shop classes either.
Sheldon

anlauto

We actually had a young fellow trapped under a car here in Georgetown the other week, working on his Tuner in the driveway....my wife reads all this stuff on her phone, I don't really follow it, but from what I understand , he was pretty seriously hurt, but will live :twothumbsup:

Funny.....of course due to Covid-19 my wife is now home all the time....if I make a loud bang or yell FU** Real loud in the garage....she comes running out to see if I'm Okay..... :haha: :haha: never had someone who cared so much....however,when a car does fall on me, she'll likely be floating on the pool with her ear buds in as I scream for help... :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 23, 2020, 11:35:52 AM
I'm not really a hand-hold type of guy but I see lots of safety shortcuts on a lot of shows. I really don't like that because there are tons of kids out there that don't have proper training from their Dad's or shop classes either.

Yup, I cringe when I see guys using huge cut off wheels with only safety glasses and no shield, grinding, sanding and painting with no dust masks, respirators etc. I was young and stupid and not always used the stuff either but now I do, it`s bad to see TV shows not showing/teaching proper safety when working on vehicles.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Swamp Donkey

Just scrolling through Twitter and there was a video of these guys working on their truck.  Don't know how to put a video clip from twitter on here, but at least I can do a screenshot. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Using two jacks instead of one is definitely less dangerous.  ::) :o
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Mr Lee

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on May 23, 2020, 06:01:13 PM
Using two jacks instead of one is definitely less dangerous.  ::) :o
Omg theyre totally using those concrete blocks wrong.  The holes should always face up, not to the side.  Lol. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

soundcontrol

A few more episodes in and they ruined the engine in the Demolition Derby Cadillac by running it without oil...
Fat skills  :drunk:

Wonder how the cars they restore turns out so nice when they sell them, seems to magically happen overnight.

RUNCHARGER

Nope: I can tell you they hunt for parts over several months for their projects.
Sheldon

Shoooter

What you see is what you get with mike. He is about 1.5hr away and I've met him lots. Just a little heads up he picked up a 1970 340 cuda a few months ago. Expect to see that soon

soundcontrol

I saw a Challenger on the lot, hope they do that one. Cuda would be great also.
Like the show, but wanna see more of the work, that pretty much goes for all car shows, not enough details for car nerds.