Main Menu

Sad Turn of Events

Started by anlauto, October 11, 2018, 02:30:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So back in February of this year we had heavy rains with a lot of flooding....There was this one story which made the news worldwide...A women's van was swept into the Grand River...as she tried to remove her three year old son....he was swept away into the raging river...
This story hit the hearts of millions....hundreds, if not thousands of people helped in the search....unfortunately the boys body wasn't found until April...Very sad sad situation....

Well today we find out the woman was pissed drunk at the time, early in the morning driving around with her kid in the van... :drunk:
https://www.cp24.com/news/mom-charged-in-death-of-toddler-swept-away-in-grand-river-1.4130150

Makes you want to just slap her  :pullinghair:  Even back in Feb I was asking myself how the heck she ended up in the river when they showed it on the news :looney:  now I have a better idea why...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Challenger in NC

GoodysGotaCuda

People suck. I have no patience for getting behind the wheel and not being sober, let alone dragging your kid down with you.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

Sad and tragic. Not enough people take bringing up a child seriously it seems.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

Too many people shouldn't have children.....Or even pets... :verymad:

anlauto

On our local news it was a big story every night for a week maybe two....so sad thinking of the boy and how they were having no luck finding his body as hundreds of volunteers searched....people drove from 100's of miles away to help the search....local companies donated food and drinks for the people searching....it was a big sad deal.... I really can't get over this turn of events...never saw it coming.... :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

340challconvert

Sad
The child paid the price for the ignorance of the mother  :verymad:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

I do feel for the child in this case...but could you imagine being the Mother having to live with the guilt ..... :'(

On a more positive note....turban wearing Sikhs no longer have to wear a motorcycle helmet well riding their motorcycle  :banana: Gotta love Canada :canada:

GY3R/T

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2018, 06:52:08 PM
I do feel for the child in this case...but could you imagine being the Mother having to live with the guilt ..... :'(

On a more positive note....turban wearing Sikhs no longer have to wear a motorcycle helmet well riding their motorcycle  :banana: Gotta love Canada :canada:
WHAT ???    :rofl: :haha: 

anlauto

Quote from: GY3R/T on October 11, 2018, 06:56:34 PM

Yup....I can't make this stuff up !  :looney:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-allows-sikhs-to-ride-motorcycles-without-helmet-1.4858361

dodj

I heard that. I guess they figure the turban is enough padding? Some of them look pretty big.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GY3R/T

Quote from: anlauto on October 11, 2018, 07:03:31 PM
Quote from: GY3R/T on October 11, 2018, 06:56:34 PM

Yup....I can't make this stuff up !  :looney:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-allows-sikhs-to-ride-motorcycles-without-helmet-1.4858361
I always wondered what their helmets look like .... :bricks:

anlauto

I wonder if they're D.O.T. approved ? :headbang:  :haha:

Plumcrazy72

I heard this today too, the wrong person drowned in this situation. Poor boy!

The helmet situation really p!$$3$ me off, how does a law like that even get to the top let alone passed, because their religion doesn't allow them to remove their turbans.......... sorry if you move to Canada you should have to follow Canada's rules..... I'm just going to stop. Yay Canada, Leafs are off to a good start

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel